Contribute
Register

10.6.8 stuck on restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgJust tried my gt210 graphics card and 10.6.5 ran ok

so tried my luck with 10.6.8 still no good but am now able to run from iboot instead of I boot legacy

here is a screenshot of my panic

got past this I disabled my Ethernet can now boot in safe mode but it comes up with a macpro 3.1 error

problem with safe mode is I have no network or cd drive I have multibeast and most other tools on a cd

am close I can touch it but not use it

not quite sure what ive done but after a couple of changes and a full reinstall

i am now running 10.6.8 snow leopard

thank you so much totenkopf4 and going bald :headbang:

see you all on the mavericks forum soon no doubt :banghead:

but seriously thanks

mavericks and then i think a donation is in order

still no ethernet :banghead: :banghead:

just a silly question

could i use the intel integrated graphics on my motherboard to get past this 10.6.8 install problem

it states on the gigabyte website they are "Enhanced Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 integrated with the processor"

to me that sounds quite reasonable a possibility to others it might seem like wearing wellies to the queens garden party

thanks

streven...

Yes you would be wearing Wellies to the Queens Garden Party using the onboard GFX of this CPU....

The Data for this chip tells us that this is just Intel HD video not even HD 2000 video ....
http://ark.intel.com/products/53483/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G630-(3M-Cache-2_70-GHz)

THis will not work we need a CPU that has HD3000 GFX built in and this was not built into the lower tiered processors like your Pentium.

You will need a video card... check out our wiki for a listing (database) of video cards that worked w Snow Leo.... GOogle it...

hi again

got a video card evga ge210 and it runs 10.6.8 is installed and running :thumbup:

unfortunately my ethernet isnt running :thumbdown:

i am still using my asus-n10 usb wireless adaptor

have installed the realtek driver for 8111E (which according to gigabyte is the correct one for my motherboard ga-h61m-s2pv) but it doesnt work at all

so i installed lnx2mac's driver (from multibeast) this recognised the ethernet but didnt connect up :banghead:

i cant log in to the app store to download mavericks and have read somewhere on here you need an ethernet connection to do so.

so anyone know how do i either connect to the app store (my iphone apple id wont log in by the way) or get my ethernet working

i have read about changing my uuid not sure how to do that

any help as always is greatly appreciated as i realise your using your time to help me

hi again

got a video card evga ge210 and it runs 10.6.8 is installed and running :thumbup:

unfortunately my ethernet isnt running :thumbdown:

i am still using my asus-n10 usb wireless adaptor

have installed the realtek driver for 8111E (which according to gigabyte is the correct one for my motherboard ga-h61m-s2pv) but it doesnt work at all

so i installed lnx2mac's driver (from multibeast) this recognised the ethernet but didnt connect up :banghead:

i cant log in to the app store to download mavericks and have read somewhere on here you need an ethernet connection to do so.

so anyone know how do i either connect to the app store (my iphone apple id wont log in by the way) or get my ethernet working

i have read about changing my uuid not sure how to do that

any help as always is greatly appreciated as i realise your using your time to help me
After installing lnx2mac ethernet kext did you repair permissions and rebuild your caches?
Try repair permissions and boot with -v -f flags.

stevenufc

Two questions....

Is the ethernet enabled in the BIOS...

And did you test this ethernet w Windows or Linux before working on this...

If your not sure...

You can make a Linux boot CD which should test the network port for you and tell you if this works.

Also if your have the 2.0 version of the motherboard I believe that the chip on the motherboard is a
Atheros AR8151, the kext for this maynot be part of the OSX or Multibeast kexts and this may need to be added...
Some research I have done indicates that this kext was changed for LION and Mountain Lion so backward compatibility maybe an issue ... info on Snow Leo is sketchy.

But I would suggest you search with the terms "atheros ar8151 hackintosh" in google.
Other sites like insanlymaci have postings in them on this hardware and what you can do..

I would first make sure that your Network Port works in either Windows or Linux.

I you want to read up on some Linux suggest this link...
http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/2014/02/analysis-of-top-10-linux-operating.html
Then you can download a ISO and burn it to a CD (should not need a DVD) and boot from it and it will run from the CD w/o doing an install ..

What's needed is a Test Drive image file.. you can read about these here...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/205640/4_ways_to_give_linux_a_test_drive.html

this way you can test that network...

If its dead or not going to work then you should disable it in the BIOS and install a dedicated network card (Intel) in one of the PCIe slots. And delete the network items from the control panel and then setup the new card as internet port 0
Suggest you test the Apple log in to the store and get that working.

"Two questions....

Is the ethernet enabled in the BIOS...?"

firstly yes

"And did you test this ethernet w Windows or Linux before working on this...?"

secondly yes it works fine in windows xp and also in linux mint just not os x 10.6

i have sent for a star tech st100s which claims to support os x

"OS Compatibility Windows® 8 / 8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000, 98SE, NT
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2
Mac OS® 10.0.4, 9.1 / 9.0"

once i get the ethernet card i will report back

it was cheap so will see what happens

i have also found a kext for that chipset on another site so will try that as well before this card arrives so got two chances

if it does work i will at least then be able to troubleshoot my app store login issue

if not i am considering either a lion thumb drive or a download of mountain lion from elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back