Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
delirial said:
HoosierInFL said:
Remove the USB3 kext from S/L/E. It'll be the only file that starts with PX

Does Sleep work properly for you?

Mine goes to sleep. I can see the fans shut-off, just as the case lights. However, when I try to wake it up, the display wont come back up. I can see the fans and everything else light up.

Rebooting with the reset button seems to lead to the BIOS having to reload the last known good config.

Bummer...

Are you running SL or Lion?

delirial said:
HoosierInFL said:
Are you running SL or Lion?

Lion.

In Lion, I press the keyboard once and the computer lights up. I have to press a second time to get the monitors to wake up.

Terminal command I used that I found in another thread to fix the CMOS resetting:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

And repair permissions in Terminal

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

delirial said:
Hey guys,

I seem to be having problems with restarts, shutdowns, and sleep. Choosing any of those options will make the screen go off, but the pc will continue running with fans at full speed. I have to manually shut the thing down by pressing the power button.

I have used the F7 DSDT.aml from tony.

This is a list of all kexts that I have at the time in '/Extra/Extensions':
Code:
Core-i7-Mac:~ delirial$ ls -1 /Extra/Extensions
ALC8xxHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I have removed the EvOreboot.kext, thinking that was the problem. But that didnt work either.

Could anyone with a proper config (including shutdown, reboot, and sleep) issue the following command on their terminal so that I can see if I'm missing anything?

Code:
ls -1 /Extra/Extensions

regards,
del

Del,

Here is my /Extra/Extension directory:
ACPIMonitor.kext FakeSMC.kext RadeonMonitor.kext
ALC8xxHDA.kext IntelCPUMonitor.kext SuperIOFamily.kext

Sleep and Shutdown and Restart working.

Had same problem as you. I deleted contents of /Extra then ran UserDSDT using the DSDT matching my motherboard and BIOS version. That fixed it.

Cheers.

I bought this set up but got 2 8 gig sticks of ram. Do I need to return it and buy x4 4 gig sticks intead?

Nlichtenberg said:
I bought this set up but got 2 8 gig sticks of ram. Do I need to return it and buy x4 4 gig sticks intead?

Did you try it with the 2 - 8GB sticks?

Joe

Can someone help me with the type in terminal step, I'm very confused on that step, do I just simply type in the line and leave it there in terminal or do i have to press enter to apply it, I, however, tried pressing enter to apply it but it wouldn't let me and at the same time asking for a password, I'm pretty stuck there because I can't type in the password as terminal won't let me for some odd reason, can someone help that would be great.

insane117 said:
Can someone help me with the type in terminal step, I'm very confused on that step, do I just simply type in the line and leave it there in terminal or do i have to press enter to apply it, I, however, tried pressing enter to apply it but it wouldn't let me and at the same time asking for a password, I'm pretty stuck there because I can't type in the password as terminal won't let me for some odd reason, can someone help that would be great.

Make sure you have a password assigned to your account. I know when I tried this patch I didn't have a password and the terminal wouldn't accept blank passwords.
Second, you type the patch command in twice. You'll type it in once and type it again after you enter your password. Finally, after the patch executes you'll need to relaunch/restart the finder. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Do I reboot after executing the command or can I run multibeast system utilities to rebuild caches before rebooting?

Seems people are saying they have everything 100% working... What did you guys do to get the USB 3.0 working? Read through everything again and must be skipping it or something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back