Motherboard
ASUS TUF A15 FA506ICB (OpenCore)
CPU
Ryzen 5 4600H
Graphics
RTX 3050 + Vega 6, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am trying to install Big Sur on my Ryzen Laptop. I built my efi and started the installation at 12 minutes remaining mark system did a reboot and there was the new option in OpenCore. So i chose the new option which is "macOS installer" and i get the apple logo after vebose and then it reboots, but before it reboots it flashes the attached log type of thing.

Note: I saw that my SSD is not supported so I am installing it on a external hdd.

Attachments

• IMG_5722.jpg
    IMG_5722.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi, I am trying to install Big Sur on my Ryzen Laptop. I built my efi and started the installation at 12 minutes remaining mark system did a reboot and there was the new option in OpenCore. So i chose the new option which is "macOS installer" and i get the apple logo after vebose and then it reboots, but before it reboots it flashes the attached log type of thing.

Note: I saw that my SSD is not supported so I am installing it on a external hdd.
no support for RTX 3050 either

Yes, I know. But i believe i can get hardware acceleration for my iGPU with NootedRed.

Yes, I know. But i believe i can get hardware acceleration for my iGPU with NootedRed.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Sorry about that. I forgot to add my iGPU. I should be good now.

you are best installing to an internal drive
Yes, but in Dortania's Guide it says that my SSD (PM991) is not compatible with hackintosh. So in order to avoid any complications i tried installing it on an external hard drive. But i can start over and try the NVMEFix.kext to install it on my ssd. Do you think the external drive is the problem? I mapped USB and tried it with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext but its still the same.

Yes, but in Dortania's Guide it says that my SSD (PM991) is not compatible with hackintosh. So in order to avoid any complications i tried installing it on an external hard drive. But i can start over and try the NVMEFix.kext to install it on my ssd. Do you think the external drive is the problem? I mapped USB and tried it with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext but its still the same.
if you haven't got your usb ports setup correctly, then not recommended to use a usb external drive as that will cause you more issues

if you haven't got your usb ports setup correctly, then not recommended to use a usb external drive as that will cause you more issues
I used USBToolBox to map my usb ports. I didn't have any problems during the first part of the install. The problem is after the reboot. My HDD showed up on the installer and started the install there so i am not sure if that is the problem.

I used USBToolBox to map my usb ports. I didn't have any problems during the first part of the install. The problem is after the reboot. My HDD showed up on the installer and started the install there so i am not sure if that is the problem.
you want to remove that drive from your laptop, even though you are not installing onto it

and while your laptop is open, pop in a supported drive

Back