Contribute
Register

Cinebench 11.5 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. there are no games that i can do a true test of this on. i have just noticed in general, my games run slower on the mac partition. anyone else have fps results in both windows and mac? not sure if world of warcraft makes use of openGL 3 or not so perhaps that would explain the similarity.

I can just confirm that with low end video cards like 8400GS, WoW runs smooth on Snow Leopard. In win7 it runs awfuly slow, unplayable with same video settings(low) and resolution(1680x1050).

The one thing I also noticed runnin Leopard 10.5.8 on my AMD machine with Radeon HD3870 is that ArchiCAD 3D view runs much smoother than in WinXP. I can't confirm this for SL, can't compare since I did not try ArchCAD in win7, in SL it runs just fine.

For comparison, here are my scores in Cinebench 11.5. I've got the Sparkle 1 meg 9400GT and an i5-750 running at stock speeds. I'm running TonyMac's latest DSDT for the F8 bios with speedstep edits.

OpenGL 7.20 fps
CPU 3.66 pts
CPU single core: 0.93 pts
MP Ratio 3.94x

Wow! I didn't realize how much crappier the 9400GT was for 3D performance! Although it was only $50 and was super-easy to install.

When I first got these scores, I figured something went horribly wrong, but a Google search showed similar results with Windows (7.7fps, 3.7pts):

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...sk=view&id=464&Itemid=63&limit=1&limitstart=5

27.01 fps
3.65 cpu

Hey guys,

I noticed the same thing, my win 7 64bit has a much better score than OS X 64/32.

Here are the results with CineBench 11.5 on OS X 32bit (basically same on 64bit)
Videocard: 23.73
CPU: 3.58pts

By the way, i seem to be getting the same problem as a previous post here:
- Intel Core i5 750 shows on Cinebench as 2 Cores, 4 Threads @ 2.82Ghz
I also noticed that "About this Mac" has the wrong description under processor:
- 2.82 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon.... Why doesn't it show "Intel Core i5".

Bit confused there but anyways, i'm pretty positive that 10.6.3 will fix a lot of our graphics issues.

Thanks, good to know everything seems to be running fine :) guess we just have to wait for that 10.6.3!!

My FPS is 29.92 with an 8800GT - I attached a screenshot

Attachments

• Cinebench.jpg
    Cinebench.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 262
OpenGL: 23.31
CPU: 3.57

The only game i play is World of Warcraft. which works just as good/bad as it did in win7:p i need to play with settings on pretty low, to escape lag when in a 25man boss fight :p

techsnot said:
OpenGL: 23.31
CPU: 3.57

The only game i play is World of Warcraft. which works just as good/bad as it did in win7:p i need to play with settings on pretty low, to escape lag when in a 25man boss fight :p

These scores are strange. Your video card should be much faster than my 8800GT. It's the XFX version but it's not overclocked. I think Cinebench relies heavily on the processor to determine the FPS during these benchmarks. It would make sense since the GPU is supposed to handle the graphics but the CPU can still be called in for even more power if it has the resources available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back