Contribute
Register

First build, I think this is good hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jester969 said:
Have you bought your parts?

You use the QFlash utility while using a FAT formatted USB flash drive with the correct BIOS for your motherboard. Gigabyte has a PDF manual on their site detailing QFlash.

Yes and put it all together. From what I can gather there does not seen to be a BIOS upgrade for the rev 2 MB.

jester969 said:
Have you bought your parts?

You use the QFlash utility while using a FAT formatted USB flash drive with the correct BIOS for your motherboard. Gigabyte has a PDF manual on their site detailing QFlash.

Just had a look at qFlash webpage

"With this utility, you can access Q-Flash by either pressing <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS setup menu. No need to enter operating systems like MS-DOS or Windows first."

I dont get a POST screen or any other screen for that matter. As I said the screen stays totally blank.

Ben

When the machine boots up you should see the BIOS Splash screen or the none if you DISABLED it in BIOS.

Press the END key on your keyboard repeatedly and you should be able to access the BIOS utility. There is nothing hard about this.

How are you connected to your monitor to your system? Gfx card? Motherboard?

jester969 said:
When the machine boots up you should see the BIOS Splash screen or the none if you DISABLED it in BIOS.

Press the END key on your keyboard repeatedly and you should be able to access the BIOS utility. There is nothing hard about this.

How are you connected to your monitor to your system? Gfx card? Motherboard?

There is no splash/post screen. I spoke to Gibabyte and this is what happens with Ivy Bridge. There is no post/splash screen. The only way to flash bios is with a Gen 2 CPU. I send BM back and ordered a Z77.

Regards,
Ben

I don't comprehend. You have a Z68 board that should have a POST screen.

In your first post you list a Z68 board. Was it a IB board you RMA'd?

jester969 said:
I don't comprehend. You have a Z68 board that should have a POST screen.

In your first post you list a Z68 board. Was it a IB board you RMA'd?

According to Gigabyte and what I have observed my motherboard/CPU combination do not give me a post screen. You only get a post screen with a comparable processor wit this MB.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back