Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I am trying to install Snow Leopard on Dell Inspiron N5010 :
6GB RAM
ATI RADEON HD 5560
CPU : INTEL i3-???
So I am loading IBOOT(GraphicsEnabler=No) then entering in the mac os installation wizzard , but when I have to select where to install I just don't get what to do in order to install it in right partition. o_O
Oh, and I have Windows 7 and there I have really important things , so is there a way to install the osx without removing the windows 7 ?

mitko900 said:
Hi all, I am trying to install Snow Leopard on Dell Inspiron N5010 :
6GB RAM
ATI RADEON HD 5560
CPU : INTEL i3-???
So I am loading IBOOT (GraphicsEnabler=No) then entering in the mac os installation wizard , but when I have to select where to install I just don't get what to do in order to install it in right partition. o_O
Oh, and I have Windows 7 and there I have really important things , so is there a way to install the osx without removing the windows 7 ?

Have you set the SATA mode to AHCI in the BIOS (or is there actually such an option in your BIOS)?

If you don't have another hard disk, you can't install OSX without wiping Windows 7, since OSX requires a different hard disk partition format called GPT (GUID Partition Table), and your hard disk most likely is using an older partition format called MBR (Master Boot Record). Hard disks on MBR must be wiped and repartitioned as GPT before you can install OSX.

Ok , can you give me step by step instruction , how to install the OSX without deleting the Windows 7.

mitko900 said:
Ok , can you give me step by step instruction , how to install the OSX without deleting the Windows 7.

I am sorry, but did you read what I said above? You won't be able to install Mac OSX on your old hard disk without wiping out Windows 7. Get a second hard disk if you really want to install Mac OSX.

Jamesbond007 said:
mitko900 said:

I am sorry, but did you read what I said above? You won't be able to install Mac OSX on your old hard disk without wiping out Windows 7. Get a second hard disk if you really want to install Mac OSX.
Oh sorry, didn't see the word without :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back