Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
One thing that's doing my head in about Lion:

When copying the same file to multiple locations, whether locally or over the network, Finder queues the transfers and only lets one of them run at a time. On all previous versions of OSX the transfers would run concurrently, saving a big chunk of time as long as you weren't bandwidth limited.

This is infuriating. I back up a large data store to three locations daily and this design decision means a lot of thumb-twiddling.

Is there a terminal command to change this behaviour? All I've found online so far is others complaining about the same thing.

It doesn't bother me, in fact I prefer OSX doing it that way...

I think this prevents the hard disk head from moving back and forth at 2 or more locations, if you have several copy sessions going at the same time. Let it read that one file continuously, then move on to the next file (or re-read that same file again)... instead of the head jumping all over the place.

It doesn't take long to copy files anyway... in my case it's about 70 to 110MB/sec over the network. A 1GB file is copied in less than 14 seconds.

It bothers me a lot, and hampers my day to day tasks.

Any way of reverting back to pre-Lion modus operandi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back