Contribute
Register

AMD HD 6770 or HD 6790 support under SL or Lion???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 rev1.1
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
GTX 660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.
Could someone help me to know native support for those two cards under Snow Leopard and Lion in the near future???

Rather i have a HD 577o supported under SL by MultiBeast update of kexts bunow i am confused...

HELP!?

neogeo said:
Hello.
Could someone help me to know native support for those two cards under Snow Leopard and Lion in the near future???

Rather i have a HD 577o supported under SL by MultiBeast update of kexts bunow i am confused...

HELP!?
The 6770 is a rebadged 5770. So the cards that have the same device ID as a 5770 are supported OOB. There is no support for the 6790.

The device ID is different for the 6770 (at least mine is). I can get dual monitors working at full resolution but no QE/CI yet in 10.6.8. I can get my system to load the Vervet framebuffer but can't see any difference between that and the generic one.

See my issues here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23744&start=0

I have yet to find a thread anywhere that has a fully working 6770. I'm probably going to returm my card for a 6870 unless I can get it working soon.

kumori said:
The device ID is different for the 6770 (at least mine is). I can get dual monitors working at full resolution but no QE/CI yet in 10.6.8. I can get my system to load the Vervet framebuffer but can't see any difference between that and the generic one.

See my issues here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23744&start=0

I have yet to find a thread anywhere that has a fully working 6770. I'm probably going to returm my card for a 6870 unless I can get it working soon.

Could/would You dump Your VGA BIOS with GPU-Z under windows and collect them to TechPowerUp VGA BIOS collection for further analise?

MacMan said:
neogeo said:
Hello.

HELP!?
The 6770 is a rebadged 5770. So the cards that have the same device ID as a 5770 are supported OOB. There is no support for the 6790.

I know that (theoretically) but it don't work in practice.... :cry:

neogeo said:
Could/would You dump Your VGA BIOS with GPU-Z under windows and collect them to TechPowerUp VGA BIOS collection for further analise?

I've tried to submit it however it says it's already uploaded and I can't find it there, which is curious but not surprising. It's probably masquerading as something else. Here's the GPU-Z.

97b.png

I've attached the ROM for you.

RadeonHD6770.zip

Attachments

• RadeonHD6770.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 138
kumori said:
neogeo said:

I've tried to submit it however it says it's already uploaded and I can't find it there, which is curious but not surprising. It's probably masquerading as something else. Here's the GPU-Z.

97b.png

RadeonHD6770.zip

THX!!!
We will see what to doo.
Currently in Serbia, best shopping are HD 6850 for 135€ brand new so i would decide what card to buy. Hmh...

kumori said:
neogeo said:

97b.png

RadeonHD6770.zip

I found what's fu...ing You.
Device ID mismatch to original. Original Dev ID are: 0x1002 0x68B8 but Your is 0x1002 0x68BA but I don't know what to change for Your HD 6770 to work properly!

kumori said:
I have yet to find a thread anywhere that has a fully working 6770. I'm probably going to return my card for a 6870 unless I can get it working soon.

Gigabyte 6870 still not working properly... People seem to have had luck with the Sapphire 6870. Not sure I can return my card anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back