Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] No sound, and tried just about everything!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z77
CPU
Intel i7-2600k
Graphics
nVidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright well iv'e tried just about everything to get my sound working, I tried both the multibeast audio codecs (yes i did rebuild caches and permissions) and got nothing. So i thought i'd use a voodoo universal one, and every time i try to use one i get a crash report (you must turn off your computer,ect...), so multibeast didn't work so i tried getting the kext itself off one of MacMan's post, and another off kext.com. Installed with kext utility, didn't work for both, then i tried kext helper f7, and both didn't work either. :banghead:

So... anyone got any suggestions for what i can do to get my audio working?

ALC 888 Audio Codec, what i'm trying to do now is look for older versions of Multibeast since i've had no luck with the current version. Also running a DSDT

Re: No sound, and tried just about everything!!!

Maybe the DSDT you're using doesn't match your Board revision or your BIOS version. Double check

A lot of people are having this issue with this board.

Got it working, just did HDArollback and HDAenabler in multibeast with system utilities.

Booted verbose and works fine, don't know what i did that made it so it wasn't working

Hello to anyone having sound issues after an upgrade to 10.6.6.

I had a nervous 12 hours because after having a perfectly working 10.6.4 for months, I upgraded to 10.6.6 and lost my sound. I have an 889 but the thing is, the setup that I finally got working was one of the setups that I tried previously. I'm not sure if there is some voodoo (small 'v') at work here.

If you are having trouble, I recommend, deleting all kexts connected with sound manually (trash them - you have to enter your password) and then using version 3.3 of MultiBeast. I used the new ALC but I think the point of my message is: Don't give up! Even if you've tried a combination previously (I tried various attempts more than 10 times) hopefully you'll finally get there.

Thanks as always to the great TonyMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back