Graphics
AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like the title says. I can restart just fine, but when I click shut down, it reboots. If I hold down the power button, it works fine. Everything else works great on this system (running 10.6.7 with BridgeHelper)

Using:

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 Rev1.0
i7 2600k
16GB DDR3 1333mhz
XFX 6870
64GB Crucial M4 SSD
1TB HDD
Sony Optiarc 7260 Burner

Using DSDT from the database and the same options in my guide for a GA-p67A-UD3-B3, except the official realtek driver.

Any solutions?

Hi Gordo74

My Hardware is nearly equal:

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 Rev1.0 Bios F5
i7 2600k
16GB DDR3 1600 mhz
XFX 6870
2TB HDD
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S

hmm bad news :(
I have never had such issues here.
Installed from scratch using 10.6.3, updating to 10.6.8.
Multibeast / User DSDT (first used Bios F2, today upgraded to F5)
Currently testing my System.. No issues so far, all workin, but GSata shows unknown AHCI.
Thats all I found so far.

pity that I can't help

Did you happen to install the kext for USB3 support? That kext prevented my machine from rebooting or shutting down.

Gordo, sorry I can't help you with your current problem, but I'm glad you chose this board, since I'm really considering the z68xp-ud3, and it will be great to have your expert advice. Does everything really work well on the board? Any specific things not working? Have you tested USB 3?

Also, regarding the 6870, I was thinking about getting the card from #4 customac (GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD). However, I'm hearing that people aren't able to get all ports working, and not able to log onto the App store without limiting functionality. Are you having any issues with your card? Will the issues with the gigabyte 6870 be resolved?

Why have you chosen to stick with 10.6.7? Is 10.6.8 still a problem?

Finally, is there any reason to believe that the Z68xp will be any different?

tomhukk said:
Gordo, sorry I can't help you with your current problem, but I'm glad you chose this board, since I'm really considering the z68xp-ud3, and it will be great to have your expert advice. Does everything really work well on the board? Any specific things not working? Have you tested USB 3?

Also, regarding the 6870, I was thinking about getting the card from #4 customac (GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD). However, I'm hearing that people aren't able to get all ports working, and not able to log onto the App store without limiting functionality. Are you having any issues with your card? Will the issues with the gigabyte 6870 be resolved?

Why have you chosen to stick with 10.6.7? Is 10.6.8 still a problem?

Finally, is there any reason to believe that the Z68xp will be any different?

Everything works aside from the firewire port on mine. I have not tested USB3. The only thing not working is shut down from what I can see.

I use the XFX 6870 with the dual fans. Just set the framebuffer to Gibba and all is good to go.

I chose to stick with 10.6.7 as the person I am building this for (a friend) uses ProTools and it has compatibility issues with 10.6.8.

I do not believe that board will be any different aside from a different DSDT.

Added 10.8.0 Kernel from Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update darn typo.

Anyhow you can still use 10.6.7 or what ever because with the new boot and new chimera have sandy bridge support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back