Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge i5 (2500k) P8Z68-V(not pro) Hangin issues on desktop and safari crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V Z68
CPU
i5 2500k 3.30GHz unlocked
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX460 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks,

Once again, i really am mega grateful to the people who are here helping the folks on the forum and as soon as i get to grips with my hack pro, i shall do the same.
My current issue is that i have no customisation options for graphics, even after installing drivers for my gtx 460 i cannot change my screen resoloution at all. As well as this, i am getting a lot of hanging, espcailly when surfing the net, Safari at times straight up crashes. So i have resorted to using Chrome, which also hangs alot. (Buttons are selectable but often the slider bar at the side of the browser stops working) im still trying to figure out which kexts will help my build run in a more stable fashion as i have just migrated logic pro 8,
my main aim for this machine is to use a MOTU 24 I/O connected by PCIe 424. I installed the IOnetowrkingfamily in order to get time machine working properly, though it doesn't seem to show me the time machine window like on my laptop.

The machine just seems buggy, definitely like hack ware at the moment though i have seen others who's machines work so perfectly i hope i can get mine to that state.

Any help or suggestions anyone can give me would be brilliant.

My build is:

P8Z68-V (PRO)
i5 2500k (Unlocked)
8GB 1333MHZ Corsair DDR3 Ram
booting on a Seagate 7200rpm 160gb barracuda (it was free)
LG BH10LS30 Blu ray R/W drive

Originally built to run windows for my uni work i decided to install another Hdd to get my music off my ageing macbook and into a pro studio environment.

Hi folks,

Once again, i really am mega grateful to the people who are here helping the folks on the forum and as soon as i get to grips with my hack pro, i shall do the same.
My current issue is that i have no customisation options for graphics, even after installing drivers for my gtx 460 i cannot change my screen resoloution at all. As well as this, i am getting a lot of hanging, espcailly when surfing the net, Safari at times straight up crashes. So i have resorted to using Chrome, which also hangs alot. (Buttons are selectable but often the slider bar at the side of the browser stops working) im still trying to figure out which kexts will help my build run in a more stable fashion as i have just migrated logic pro 8,
my main aim for this machine is to use a MOTU 24 I/O connected by PCIe 424. I installed the IOnetowrkingfamily in order to get time machine working properly, though it doesn't seem to show me the time machine window like on my laptop.

The machine just seems buggy, definitely like hack ware at the moment though i have seen others who's machines work so perfectly i hope i can get mine to that state.

Any help or suggestions anyone can give me would be brilliant.

My build is:

P8Z68-V (PRO)
i5 2500k (Unlocked)
8GB 1333MHZ Corsair DDR3 Ram
booting on a Seagate 7200rpm 160gb barracuda (it was free)
LG BH10LS30 Blu ray R/W drive

Originally built to run windows for my uni work i decided to install another Hdd to get my music off my ageing macbook and into a pro studio environment.

Pinkney86

If you are having issues w programs that are using graphics or depends upon graphics processing power you could have issues w the kexts for the video - I did see some Nvidia Mac installer for a 4XX cards which were on nvidia,
Also as you didnt use a dsdt file this could also be handicaping you
You stated that their is no dsdt file - I think you may want to look at this and see if we can get one done for you - see this site as it was done by a revered TonyMacx86 contributor -

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559
CREATING YOUR OWN DSDT FOR MOST BOARDS.

Who also has gathered text infor that you can use to build a dsdt file for you hardware - which is listed.
see this link, http://pastebin.com/rVswnDbm

You may need to search for some NVIDIA installer for mac - also I suggest you contact the tech support line for that video card and see if it is mac compatable - or can it be - as some companies have different VGA Bios's for their mac cards or their PC cards and dont combine them in generall.

Pinkney86

If you are having issues w programs that are using graphics or depends upon graphics processing power you could have issues w the kexts for the video - I did see some Nvidia Mac installer for a 4XX cards which were on nvidia,
Also as you didnt use a dsdt file this could also be handicaping you
You stated that their is no dsdt file - I think you may want to look at this and see if we can get one done for you - see this site as it was done by a revered TonyMacx86 contributor -

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559
CREATING YOUR OWN DSDT FOR MOST BOARDS.

Who also has gathered text infor that you can use to build a dsdt file for you hardware - which is listed.
see this link, http://pastebin.com/rVswnDbm

You may need to search for some NVIDIA installer for mac - also I suggest you contact the tech support line for that video card and see if it is mac compatable - or can it be - as some companies have different VGA Bios's for their mac cards or their PC cards and dont combine them in generall.

Thanks for the advice dude, my system is now totally up and running, i built my own DSDT :) which helped a lot, Then i ran through multibeast checking to see what was going wrong, after selecting 32bit system the graphics worked great and i have lush HD, but i was still encountering errors, such as strange requests to reboot and logic pro crashing when i wanted to load a preset,
I then installed 64bit operating system via multibeast, the system moves like a beast now, so responsive!
The logic issue was actually to do with my upgrade from leopard to snow leopard, where an unnecessary file had been say in my library, after deleting that, i can now safely say EVERYTHING works fine, i'm hoping i don't get any more crashing.
The only issue i can see from this point forward is the machine requesting for me to restart the computer (a random crash) but that bhas only happened in 32-bit mode so i'm hoping 64 bit won't do that.

Anyways thanks very much once again and peace!

Thanks for the advice dude, my system is now totally up and running, i built my own DSDT :) which helped a lot, Then i ran through multibeast checking to see what was going wrong, after selecting 32bit system the graphics worked great and i have lush HD, but i was still encountering errors, such as strange requests to reboot and logic pro crashing when i wanted to load a preset,
I then installed 64bit operating system via multibeast, the system moves like a beast now, so responsive!
The logic issue was actually to do with my upgrade from leopard to snow leopard, where an unnecessary file had been say in my library, after deleting that, i can now safely say EVERYTHING works fine, i'm hoping i don't get any more crashing.
The only issue i can see from this point forward is the machine requesting for me to restart the computer (a random crash) but that bhas only happened in 32-bit mode so i'm hoping 64 bit won't do that.

Anyways thanks very much once again and peace!

New issues have now arisen, 64 bit has also had a random crash, no kernel panic information, the computer just goes grey with the power symbol and asks me to restart the computer.
Also every time i want to use logic without it crashing i have to delete and then reinstall a system library file called PROKIT i had to install a previous version (version 7.0) and delete a leopard version and another new version 7.1
I'm going to enquire about this in the music section to see if anyone else had this issue. but its mega annoying.

if anyone can help i'd be most appreciative :)

Thanks again

New issues have now arisen, 64 bit has also had a random crash, no kernel panic information, the computer just goes grey with the power symbol and asks me to restart the computer.
Also every time i want to use logic without it crashing i have to delete and then reinstall a system library file called PROKIT i had to install a previous version (version 7.0) and delete a leopard version and another new version 7.1
I'm going to enquire about this in the music section to see if anyone else had this issue. but its mega annoying.

if anyone can help i'd be most appreciative :)

Thanks again

pinkey86

Sorry to hear you are having continuing problems - You may want to look at the TonyMacx86 Forums for Sound / Music as several posters in that Forum have posts relating to ProKit and sound cards - they are generally Sound Techs and may have insites we here in desktop support don't.
Suggest you open a new post in that area.

pinkey86

Sorry to hear you are having continuing problems - You may want to look at the TonyMacx86 Forums for Sound / Music as several posters in that Forum have posts relating to ProKit and sound cards - they are generally Sound Techs and may have insites we here in desktop support don't.
Suggest you open a new post in that area.

Thanks for all your help Totenkopf4! i really appreciate it! :) i will go and look over and then possibly start a thread on the issue. the damn thing won't work (when i say won't work i just mean if i try to load a preset the program crashes) even when i delete and re-install the framework now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back