Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Once I get OS X working and how I want it is there a quick and easy way of creating a image \ ghost of the install that can be resorted at a later time? I see an option in the OS X 10.6 install DVD to restore from a backup image.

Thanks Macman, will this only back up what is installed and not the entire hard drive?

In other words, if my hard drive is 500 g but only 10 g are being used, will it only back up the 10 g?

beelzebozo said:
In other words, if my hard drive is 500 g but only 10 g are being used, will it only back up the 10 g?
It will only backup the used data. The backup can then be restored on any size disk. But you will have to reinstall Chameleon.

Hey,

I have one HDD for OS X86 and one for Windows 7.
Is it possible to make images of NTFS drives too and and recover it if something goes wrong?
I don't want to have access to this image, I just want to make one if sth goes wrong in Windows, I can recover it through my OS X86.

LukeS said:
Thanks for the link, a question.

How do you do a restore after creating an image? Do I use the image in the OS X 10.6 install DVD restore utility?
From either the install disk or another OSX disk that is running CCC.

alex911 said:
Hey,

Is it possible to make images of NTFS drives too and and recover it if something goes wrong?
I don't want to have access to this image, I just want to make one if sth goes wrong in Windows, I can recover it through my OS X86.
Winclone
http://www.twocanoes.com/winclone/

You can also use SuperDuper. Again you will have to install Chameleon if you want a bootable disk, which you can do using MutliBeast.

Thank you guys. I gave CCC a try and it's awesome. There isn't any compareable programm in Windows. Even Acronis which I used several years ago, isn't that fast at all.

It did a 10GB image in less than 9 minutes. Very nice.

MacMan said:
alex911 said:
Hey,

Winclone
http://www.twocanoes.com/winclone/

Thank you for the link, too. But I don't want to make an image of a boot camp partition but from a whole disk so I wondered if it is possible to do so with Mac imaging tools. But I think it lacks the possibility to write to NTFS disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back