Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I followed the instructions on how to use iboot to install the official Snow Leopard dvd from Apple, and everything went well - the system was up and running - wireless card recognised, audio working fine, iphone accessible, etc. Wonderful job, guys - works really well!

I want to use the latest version of xcode for app development, but when I download the xcode package, it says I must first upgrade to 10.6.4. So I downloaded the update from Apple, ran it, ran multibeast and rebooted. The machine comes up, but the previously running wireless network is no longer functional - airport refuses to start - looks like it doesn't see the card or the right kext is now missing. The wireless card is an Atheros based LinkSys PCI bus wmp54g.

I had the foresight to do a backup with time machine, and rolling back to the initially installed image is easy, and the wireless then works again.

My problem here is that I'm totally ignorant about Macs (Linux expert, tho), and don't know what to do here. Is there something in multibeast or elsewhere that can fix this?

All clues welcome. Thanks in advance,

Paul

I had a similar problem:
After I updated my BIOS from F8 to F9 (plus the corresponding DSDT) my AirPort (BC4321 via PCIe-adaptor) was missing. Reverting back to F8, however, didn't work. So I reapplied F9, took the AirPort card out, booted without it, shut down, put the card back in, and booted up again. Then my AirPort was back and running again.

Maybe this works for you, too... *shrug*

EDIT: Ran into the same problem again. This time I just shut down and switched the PSU off and on again. This worked, too.

Flatfoot,

Thanks for the reply. That didn't work for me.

Airport still shows no card available.

Did you happen to switch to 64 bit mode when you upgraded to 10.6.4? As far as I know, there aren't any working 64 bit kexts for the Atheros chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back