Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here are my system parameters.

I have a Cooler Master CM-190-II case, not that it really matters.

A Coolmax 600 Watt Modular Power Supply, again not that it really matters.

A Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard.

An Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge CPU.

A Gigabyte HD 6670 AMD Radeon graphics card.

A LiteOn DVD RW SATA drive plugged into the #1 blue SATA Port.

A Seagate 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive, plugged into the #2 blue SATA port, this is a 6 Gbps SATA, but I have it plugged into the 3 Gbps port because as I understand it, until after the Mac OS has been properly enabled with updates and drivers the 6 Gbps SATA won't be enabled.

Just one of my four 4 GB PNY 1333 Mhz DDR3 memory sticks is installed, in the first slot.

The video card is in the first PCIe slot, and one VGA monitor is plugged into it.

The only peripherals plugged in are a USB keyboard and a USB Mouse.

I set the PCH SATA Control in the BIOS to AHCI.

I set the HPET Mode in the Power Management Setup to 64 Bit

I set the CD/DVD Boot Option to EFI

I set the First Boot Device to the CDROM drive.

I downloaded the iBoot program on my laptop which is running Windows 7 Home Edition. I extracted iBoot, and burned the ISO image to a CD-R as a master file.

I put the CD-R into the drive on my new hopefully soon to be Hackintosh.

Here is the problem I keep getting, the splash screen loads, and the ACHI SATA controller screen comes up.

I get a few dots on the screen. The DVD drive has a green light blink infrequently. Then I get the following message.

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong in particular?

I can't even get iBoot to show up as a boot loader from the disc. I've burned a copy of the current iBoot, and the legacy iBoot. I get the same problem with both?

Seriously, any ideas?

lintfilms said:
Here are my system parameters.

I have a Cooler Master CM-190-II case, not that it really matters.

A Coolmax 600 Watt Modular Power Supply, again not that it really matters.

A Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard.

An Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge CPU.

A Gigabyte HD 6670 AMD Radeon graphics card.

A LiteOn DVD RW SATA drive plugged into the #1 blue SATA Port.

A Seagate 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive, plugged into the #2 blue SATA port, this is a 6 Gbps SATA, but I have it plugged into the 3 Gbps port because as I understand it, until after the Mac OS has been properly enabled with updates and drivers the 6 Gbps SATA won't be enabled.

Just one of my four 4 GB PNY 1333 Mhz DDR3 memory sticks is installed, in the first slot.

The video card is in the first PCIe slot, and one VGA monitor is plugged into it.

The only peripherals plugged in are a USB keyboard and a USB Mouse.

I set the PCH SATA Control in the BIOS to AHCI.

I set the HPET Mode in the Power Management Setup to 64 Bit

I set the CD/DVD Boot Option to EFI

I set the First Boot Device to the CDROM drive.

I downloaded the iBoot program on my laptop which is running Windows 7 Home Edition. I extracted iBoot, and burned the ISO image to a CD-R as a master file.

I put the CD-R into the drive on my new hopefully soon to be Hackintosh.

Here is the problem I keep getting, the splash screen loads, and the ACHI SATA controller screen comes up.

I get a few dots on the screen. The DVD drive has a green light blink infrequently. Then I get the following message.

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong in particular?

I can't even get iBoot to show up as a boot loader from the disc. I've burned a copy of the current iBoot, and the legacy iBoot. I get the same problem with both?

Seriously, any ideas?

Burn the ISO as a master file? Exactly how did you do that?

For me, I just opened the iBoot ISO file in Nero Burning Rom, put in a blank CD-R, and instruct Nero to burn the ISO to the CD-R.

I had tried several copies made from the laptop. Burn new ISO image from another desktop and it is working. Thanks for the obvious. This build has fought me every step of the way, so I'm not surprised something so simple was frustrating me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back