Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I am trying to connect to adobe.com on my newly upgraded to Lion macbook, and I get an 'Unable to connect' error in both Safari and firefox. I have a macpro (snowleo) and a PC both on the same network and they can connect no problem but not with my Lion macbook. Anyome else experiencing this issue? Is this a know error? Any fix?

Well, when I updated I had to renew the DHCP lease in System Preferences/Network/Advanced.

SnapMan said:
Well, when I updated I had to renew the DHCP lease in System Preferences/Network/Advanced.

Tried that, no fix. Am I the only one having this problem?

Lnx2Mac's website has a few other troubleshooting hints.

Can you see your networking chipset in System Profiler? In System Preferences/Network did it show Ethernet connected or not?

Did you check that LAN is not disabled in BIOS?

I have this same problem. Not in a block list, nor in hosts file can ping adobe.com. Just cannot connect in Lion from Firefox or Safari. Still troubleshooting! And I do not see the troubleshooting step on LNX...'s site.

The link is http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2011/03/rev ... ports.html

Do lights adjacent to Ethernet cable in back of computer flash at all?

If you go into System Preferences/Network does it show Network connected?

In System Profiler/Ehternet does it show an Ethernet controller and the correct kext?

You installed Lnx2mac...or ??? IIRC the latest 8111E chip is not supported in Lnx2Mac yet, so if either of your boards has that chip, you might try one of the other drivers or at least check to determine if your chip is supported in the version of Lnx2Mac you have installed.

I can get to any other site (so far), just not adobe.com. Yes they flash, and ports on the router flashes also - no sites are blocked in the router. OS X 10.6.8 on the same computer has no problems getting to adobe.com, nor an iPad or a iPhone. Connected and correct kext. have not set up blocking rules for adobe.com.

Installed the Flash 11 beta, no change.

I have done some testing and discovered that the hosts file is the culprit. I ended up deleting the hosts file, opening the hosts~orig file and putting all my edits in there. Now I can access Adobe.com. I will see how long this lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back