Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Interesting one. My Hacky will Kernal panic after I have shutdown and start up (even over night). After it panics, I remove power, restart and everything is fine. The act of "disconnecting power" seems to cure the problem. Always takes 2 boots :)

P55A UD3 - i7
GTX 9800+

Extras
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlock Storage Injector.kext
JMicronATA.kext
Null CPU Power Management.kext
PlatformUUID.kext

SYS/Lib Kexts
RealtekR1000SL.kext
AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler.kext

Any ideas???? :think:

Its at f4 right now. Were there fixes I need in f5?

If you've read the install guide you'll have noticed that you should install the latest BIOS as it makes the Gigabyte boards much more compatible with OSX. Hence why you should upgrade. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to solve your problem, but it might very well do it.

Well, the USB install method is a bit outdated and Tony hasn't updated it. As every board has a different BIOS version, he wouldn't mention a specific one, just make sure you install the latest one. Either which way, just install it and see how it goes. As I said, I don't know if it'll solve your problem or not, but the latest BIOS for most Gigabyte boards have solved issues.

Ye sounds logical.. Hmmm no floppy. Usb method always gives me grief. Qflash never sees the USB stick. I'll wrestle it... ;)

QFlash works a treat, BUT what Gigabyte seems to have forgotten to mention is that you need to have a bootable USB stick. Once you've sorted that out, it's dead simple to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back