Contribute
Register

Hows this build looking? Will it all work out the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys!

So here is my new updated build that I'm about to order... How does it look? Will it all work out the box?

Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Genius Mouse - Xscroll - Black USB
Cooler Master - Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Elite 310 - Silver Windowed Chassis
Cooler Master GX - 650 Watt Power Supply Unit
Corsair CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT - 2.5 Inch 60GB Force Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance - 12GB ( 3 x 4GB ) DDR3 1600MHz
Gigabyte - X58A-UD3R - X58 & ICH10 Chipset - Socket LGA1366 - Motherboard
Gigabyte ATi Radeon Graphics Card HD5570 - 1GB 128Bit GDDR3 - PCI-E
Intel Boxed Core i7 960 Processor - 3.20GHz Quad Core - Socket 1366
Liteon 24 Speed DVD Super All-Write - SATA

Peronally the only thing im concerned about is the Graphics Card as its DDR3 - Does it really make a difference? The store im buying it from doesnt have the BatMobile model anymore, its just this or an Asus ATI Radeon HD5770 - 1GB 128bit GDDR5 - PCI-E
I need to run a dual monitor setup from the card, so as long as it supports that then im cool. I dont do any hectic gaming, just audio work (Logic Studio etc), so I dont need a SUPER high end GPU.

Let me know your thoughts :) Any advice would be really appreciated! I plan on buying all of this within the next few days.

Thanks!

The only thing that jumps out at me is the DVD drive. The Sony or Pioneer drives don't have sleep/wake-up and other issues that other drives seem to do. See my signature block for the recommended builds link which recommends a Sony drive that works w/o problems.

Also, check the Wiki h/w section for MBs and graphics cards info.

BTW, how was the above list determined? Was this what the "store" had? Or did you price out other sources for your system components? Both Newegg and Amazon are very competitive and have more choices. If you're not locked into your component list, why not go with what Tony recommends in his builds. It will lower your risk for success as these system components are proven to work together with Snow Leopard.

Stork said:
The only thing that jumps out at me is the DVD drive. The Sony or Pioneer drives don't have sleep/wake-up and other issues that other drives seem to do. See my signature block for the recommended builds link which recommends a Sony drive that works w/o problems.

Awesome, thats not a problem. Ill go for a Sony drive then.

Stork said:
BTW, how was the above list determined? Was this what the "store" had? Or did you price out other sources for your system components? Both Newegg and Amazon are very competitive and have more choices. If you're not locked into your component list, why not go with what Tony recommends in his builds. It will lower your risk for success as these system components are proven to work together with Snow Leopard.

I live in South Africa, so I cant shop on Newegg, and Amazon takes about a month to deliver. So im buying from local suppliers instead. Those are the only 2 5770 cards I can seem to find.

Jason021 said:
Hey guys!

So here is my new updated build that I'm about to order... How does it look? Will it all work out the box?

Peronally the only thing im concerned about is the Graphics Card as its DDR3 - Does it really make a difference? The store im buying it from doesnt have the BatMobile model anymore, its just this or an Asus ATI Radeon HD5770 - 1GB 128bit GDDR5 - PCI-E
I need to run a dual monitor setup from the card, so as long as it supports that then im cool. I dont do any hectic gaming, just audio work (Logic Studio etc), so I dont need a SUPER high end GPU.

Let me know your thoughts :) Any advice would be really appreciated! I plan on buying all of this within the next few days.

Thanks!
Try the Sapphire 5770 - it uses the same AMD chip the Apple card uses. The one in my sig works with dual DVI connected monitors.I think the latest version of the card is the VX-3L, but it should be OK. Newegg has this one still in stock - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product , although it is the base unit rather than the vaporX, it's still the 100283 card.

So here is the final build:

Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Genius Mouse - Xscroll - Black USB
Cooler Master - Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master GX - 650 Watt Power Supply Unit
Corsair CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT - 2.5 Inch 60GB Force Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance - 12GB ( 3 x 4GB ) DDR3 1600MHz
Gigabyte - X58A-UD3R - X58 & ICH10 Chipset - Socket LGA1366 - Motherboard
Saffire Radeon Graphics Card HD5570 Vapor X i PCI-E
Intel Boxed Core i7 960 Processor - 3.20GHz Quad Core - Socket 1366
Sony DVD Super All-Write - SATA
Snow Leopard Retail Install DVD

Hows that looking? Should that work OTB? Just a plain install from disc and im ready to rock? :)

Your build looks pretty good. Just make sure to follow Tonymac's guide and you shouldn't run into any problems. All the components in my sig worked right out of the box, no issues. I've been up and running for about 1 month now, no headaches whatsoever.

Good luck!

see my list componets in my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back