Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
get to iboot screen, do a -x on the console, put in SL retail disk, and loads a ton of stuff, then stalls. I can't get to any osx menu. Could it be as simple as having more than 4gb ram? I can take 2 sticks out.

What about SATA III 6gb? is is supported? I think some BIOS settings may be wrong. ANY help is appreciated.
P55A-UD4P
8GB OCz (4x2)
WD CAVIAR BLACK SATA III
MSI nVidia 260 GTX
i7 860

followed tonymac new guide to a T (i think), still stuck with inability to get to OSX GUI.

Thanks for ANY input

I also have a P55A-UD4P (bios F9 <--just released) which worked well with iboot & GigaBeast.

My specs on install where:-
P55A-UD4P Bios ver F8
8GB Kingston 1333 (4x2)
Samsung F1 500Gb
Gigabyte nVidia 8600GT
i5 750
OSX 10.6.0 --> 10.6.3 + Gigabeast

My specs now are:-
P55A-UD4P Bios ver F9
8GB Kingston 1333 (4x2)
Kingston SNV425S2 128GB SSD off an Asus U3S6 (to get what I thought I was getting with this mobo)
Asus GTS250
i5 750
Belkin Bluetooth dongle with an Apple white KB & magic mouse

The install & operation went smoothly using 10.6.0 retail disk (way to go Tony :clap:) except for the usual USB issues with sleep. I also ignored the advice about removing ram as it worked fine with the 8Gb for me.

The machine sleeps well, except on using power button to resume, the magic mouse works but looses it's touch ability, re-inserting the bluetooth dongle always fixes this. If anything else is plugged into the usb ports, it will sleep then immediately re-waken.

Using LegacyHDA from 10.6.2 for sound & manual settings for 1Gb NIC speed.

The only suggestions I can make is use a lower spec nVidia video card if you have one handy. I tried with some ATI cards at first, but just couldn't get anything happening without the -x safemode. Also make sure you are using bios version F8 (check all the settings for compatibility) as that's what the installer is designed for with this board & yes remove 2 ram sticks whilst you're swapping the video as well as any add-on cards.

Sleep on it, re-read the instructions, I'm sure you'll get there..
Good luck

Re: P55A-UD4P - Can't get past iboot -also Sata III support?

Thx... I am running bios f7. maybe that will make the difference. iboot works fine, it is after I put in SL and it starts loading... for quite a while... kexts, etc.. and then errors out.

Also, I find the bios for this board very confusing..., G-sata? ,etc... any tips with that would be appreciated. Very interested in getting this all up and running

P55A-UD4P
8GB OCz (4x2)
WD CAVIAR BLACK SATA III
MSI nVidia 260 GTX
i7 860

Thanks again for any help.

speakend said:
get to iboot screen, do a -x on the console, put in SL retail disk, and loads a ton of stuff, then stalls. I can't get to any osx menu. Could it be as simple as having more than 4gb ram? I can take 2 sticks out.

Definitely take out two sticks to get RAM down to 4GB for install.

and make sure you set BIOS to AHCI

Not sure if your video card will work for install, probably will, but have no experience with that. I believe others here have gotten this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back