Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Tony

I have two problems with my 9600GT Silent Cell 512MB. Everything else on OSX works fine.

I specifically bought this card because it is silent and on osx project they said it works

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2

"GeForce 9600 GT 1GB GIGABYTE or any Company Works Fully with NVEnabler64.kext ( " Ammar-y " www.bramjnet.com ). Yes/Yes/Yes All Yes "

Problem 1
The first problem is BLUESCREENing when I change the resolution. As soon as I try and change the resolution it just shows me a bluescreen.

Problem 2
Everytime I move the mouse there is a funny granular noise.

I hope someone out there can help me. Please can you give me a step by step guide to answers, as I am not sure how to implement the NVEnabler64.kext.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have the 9800...
Have you tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes instead of using the NVEnabler64.kext ?
I'd suggest you give it a try...

Add it to the "Kernel Flags" in your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist...
Also, make sure you remove NVEnabler from your /Extra/Extensions and rebuild cache.

Aren't you using tony's iboot+Multibeast ?

Also, please update your sig with info about your mobo, etc.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how I get on.

Loving this site. Saved myself a huge amount of money on doing this instead of buying a mac pro.

Steve

Yes that worked.

Edit the file com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extras folder found in the root directory and edit it to say GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Download nvenabler kext from web: http://www.kexts.com/view/118-snow_leop ... abler.html

Place this in one of the sub folders (can't remember which one but it will already contain a bunch of other kexts) within Extras.

Then rebuild cache. This is done by re-running multibeast and selecting Disk Utilities within multibeast options.

Hey presto. It works.

Not sure you need nvenabler...

Might try it without it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back