Contribute
Register

Noob wants to replace parts to build Snow Leopard Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I currently have an AMD computer (specs listed below). I am now interested in building a Snow Leopard Computer. However, I only wish to replace parts from my computer and not build an entire new rig. I don't want to spend too much, just enough to get a good, fast running mac.

Can someone help me out and tell me what parts I need to change from my current system? Also, I want to keep a good budget. And if you can recommend any good parts to me, that would be great! Thanks! :D

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB

PNY nVidia GTS 250 1GB

G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM

LITE-ON Black 24X Optical Drive

Corsair PSU 650W

Edit: Oh and I do not want to mess around with any Hackintosh stuff, just a real, legit Snow Leopard disc.

well, you'll need to replace your motherboard and amd processor to an intel board and processor. You'll probably want to upgrade your video card too, not sure if it is compatible or not. The RAM, HDD, PSU, and optical drive should all be reusable.

FAQ #2 - Forum only supports Intel CPUs. Please read all the FAQs.

I recommend you look at Tony's recommended builds. See the link to them in my signature block.

1337 said:
well, you'll need to replace your motherboard and amd processor to an intel board and processor. You'll probably want to upgrade your video card too, not sure if it is compatible or not. The RAM, HDD, PSU, and optical drive should all be reusable.
The GTS 250 is fully supported and works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back