CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok I have SL running and my system configured on a older WD 400GB drive which I have cloned with CC to a 1TB drive, my problem is that no matter how I try, I can't seem to get the system to boot off the newer 1TB drive. Do I have to format the 1TB drive using the disk utility of the SL DVD? This is the only thing I have not done.

Second question, I have an additional 500GB drive in my system, currently unplugged, is there anyway to get Chameleon to recognize it so I could have a multiboot system or am I looking at reinstalling my whole Windows 7 setup?

Thanks

ashman70 said:
Ok I have SL running and my system configured on a older WD 400GB drive which I have cloned with CC to a 1TB drive, my problem is that no matter how I try, I can't seem to get the system to boot off the newer 1TB drive. Do I have to format the 1TB drive using the disk utility of the SL DVD? This is the only thing I have not done.
Install chameleon boot loader to the cloned drive. CCC does not clone the boot loader files.

ashman70 said:
Second question, I have an additional 500GB drive in my system, currently unplugged, is there anyway to get Chameleon to recognize it so I could have a multiboot system or am I looking at reinstalling my whole Windows 7 setup?

Thanks
If Win7 is already installed, plug the drive into the port it was in when you installed Win7 and do steps 4 & 5. Otherwise:
1.Plug in the cable of the 55Gb HDD where ever you want it to stay forever (Win7 doesn't like it if you move it to another port - part of MS anti-piracy crap).
2. Disconnect other HDDs. Install Win7.
3. Reconnect other HDDs
4. Most important step usually forgotten - boot into BIOS and set SL HDD first in boot order. Save & exit and finish boot.
5. At chameleon screen hit ant key if you want to boot to Win7.

Congratulations - you are now dual booting. For how to triple and quad boot use search to find other threads on multi-booting on the forum.

How do you suggest I install chameleon, I have tried and must be doing something wrong.

AM

ashman70 said:
How do you suggest I install chameleon, I have tried and must be doing something wrong.

AM
MultiBeast
advanced->bootloaders -> chameleon

you will see 2 selections one with ATI, one without
since you have nVidia gpu, select one without

I believe I did this once before and it still wouldn't boot to the 1TB drive, but I'll try again. Is that the only thing I choose?

Just to be clear then, to do this I will:

Disconnect all the drives in my system but the 1TB drive I have cloned.
Boot off the iboot CD onto my 1TB drive
Run multibeast selecting only the chameleon boot loader without Ati
Reboot without the iboot cd and I should be booting off the 1TB drive.

Correct?

AM

ashman70 said:
I believe I did this once before and it still wouldn't boot to the 1TB drive, but I'll try again. Is that the only thing I choose?

AM
So far as getting it to boot fron HD, yes.
Don't forget to make Snow Leopard first HD in Hard Drive Boot Priority in the BIOS.

Ok I installed the Chameleon boot loader, but there must be something wrong with the MBR of my drive, because on boot up to the drive, where it is the first bootable drive in my BIOS I get this:

boot0:GPT
boot0:test
boot0:error

and then a blinking cursor.

What do you suggest I do to fix this?

AM

ashman70 said:
Ok I installed the Chameleon boot loader, but there must be something wrong with the MBR of my drive, because on boot up to the drive, where it is the first bootable drive in my BIOS I get this:

and then a blinking cursor.

What do you suggest I do to fix this?

AM
Did you format the drive as GPT before cloning?

Ok so I went into disk utilities, repartitioned the disk with GUID, recloned, and still I get the same errors when I try to boot to the disk.

What could be going on?

AM

Got it all fixed, must of been because I was using a single partition of 1.5TB which Chameleon can't boot to. What I did was this:

Partitioned the 1.5TB drive into two partitions, one 1TB the remaining 500GB
Cloned my 400GB drive onto the 1TB drive
Rebooted with just the 1.5TB drive and all is good.

Thanks for your help.

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back