Contribute
Register

Socket 2011 mATX system which work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. I want to get a new machine mostly for Starcraft II and not for making a hacintosh. But it's better to buy one which can run OS X well than one which can't. So that's why I'm asking.

There's a limited ranged of mATX socket 2011 boards out so far. Is there a huge advantage in taking a Gigabyte board such as the UD3 or can something like MSIs mATX board work just as well?

I'd appreciate if the installation would be as smooth / automatic as possible since I haven't installed OS X on a PC since the 10.4.6 days.

Thank you in advance. Seem like I've got a wealth of graphic card (I want something in the 570 range, 460+ to 660 once it gets released I guess) choices to pick from at least. (And yeah, 1155 would probably also be ok considering how well the 2500/2600 perform against the 3820 but I waited so long (from 930 1366) earlier for that crap so ..) It's ok if you suggest a 1155 setup to.

Either. LGA2011 is not supported.

Intel Ivy Bridge mobo's and CPUs are just about to be released. So, if you want the cutting edge, hang in there until May after we do some testing and publish a tonymacx86 IB Recommend Builds blog post. From initial looks, there will be same interesting changes from the last round of recommendations.

If you use Sandy Bridge components, then check out the current tonymacx86 SB Recommend Builds blog post (see my signature block for the link).

Finally, make sure you have read the Forum's Rules, especially Rule #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back