1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having issues post install with the screen going black w/ No Signal

Intel Core i7-870 2.93GHz
Diamond ATI Radeon HD5870
Gigabyte LGA1156 4DDR3-2200 Motherboard GA-P55A-UD3 also Rev 2.0 F11

I have made two attempts each w/ -x and with PCIRootUID=1

I completed the 10.6.7 update and was in the middle of my CustomBeat update when it "blew up". Then the screen went blue, then rebooted. Since then, I can get iBoot to load, I choose the Snow Leopard with the above options and it goes from the white apple screen to a blank screen with "no signal" then blank... computer is still spinning, but nada. And this officially gets me off the noob list ;-)

____

I have been able to duplicate the issue stated above. I have a second HDD (for expansion post instillation) so I tried from scratch. Same result. I went step by step from the guide. After 10.6.7 update is complete, CustomBeast actually gets about 90% done and a new window pops w/ realtek installer. I wait till Custom completes, start realtek and that one blows up. I did it two different times on two different HDD's. Now I have tried two or three other options including -v -x ATIConfig=Uakari...

Help part II.

WORKING HACK - Re: No Signal - Custom Beast

After two days of reading and rebooting... here is what I finally figured out.

I bought this build (Tony Recommendation #3) http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... d-lga.html

I was happy to get a CustomBeast (and well worth the donation)

I read and used karacho's Build here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12897&start=0

My only deviation was to use the 10.6.7 update from Apple.

Followed the instructions and then the issue started. I read nearly all of Karacho's posts and nothing... till I saw that he asked about the VGI vs DVI. Well, after a $29 dollar trip to the computer store and a DVI cord later, whammo... I am up and running like a champ.

So, for any of you who have my build - DO NOT USE THE VGI to DVI connector. Get the DVI cable.

Signed - First Hack and Happy Guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back