Graphics
Amd Radeon 5770 Sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I been researching like crazy, and tried every possible method, including and AtiDriverPatch, Chimera, and even upgrading to 10.6.7 instead of .8 ..............first hackintosh, using asus p8p67 pro :(

Weird I got the XFX HD 5770 on my hackintosh and I had no problems with this card at all on 10.6.7 and 10.6.8. Try these out and see if this helps.

1. Try reinstalling latest version of Chimera either from Muiltibeast or just download it by itself.

2. Still didn't help? Try putting these strings in your plist file and see if this helps:
<key>AtiFb</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string> <--- (this is for your boot screen resolution)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string> <--- (if you still have an issue with graphics not working properly try "no" instead of "yes")

Let me know how that works for you :thumbup:

y09ur7pr1d3 said:
Weird I got the XFX HD 5770 on my hackintosh and I had no problems with this card at all on 10.6.7 and 10.6.8. Try these out and see if this helps.

1. Try reinstalling latest version of Chimera either from Muiltibeast or just download it by itself.

2. Still didn't help? Try putting these strings in your plist file and see if this helps:
<key>AtiFb</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string> <--- (this is for your boot screen resolution)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string> <--- (if you still have an issue with graphics not working properly try "no" instead of "yes")

Let me know how that works for you :thumbup:

I can't get my xfx 5770 to work either. When should I install the latest Chimera after the after update helper? and how do I edit the plst file??

ohh ok thanks, when should I edit that file ? after the 10.6.7 update or before? or after multibeast? Im just trying to make sure I dont screw this up again. Because I keep failing to boot after any Multibeast installation.

Post your org.chameleon.boot.plist code, Radeon 5770 is natively supported since OSX 10.6.7.

Questions:
-in graphics/display property, what is the system identifying your graphic card as?
-do you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist?
-in terminal run ioreg | grep ATY and post your result.
-in terminal run bdmesg | grep Frame and post your result.

yes graphics enabler =yes was in the file. but when I rebooted it froze on the apple boot screen and now I cant get back in. i tried GE=no -v and i got this
(this was after multibeast) which was after teh 10.6.7 update

Attachments

• IMG_8628.JPG
    IMG_8628.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
is that a conflict with the network driver?4
should i try multibeast without the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back