Contribute
Register

BIOS flash before or after upgrade using DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I want to upgrade to 10.7.2 but saw that there is a new version for my BIOS out. I currently have F2 installed with the corresponding DSDT and things are working great (sort of) but I want to upgrade to the F4 version which is currently available as it is always good to have the latest bios version

So my questions are:

1. If I flash my BIOS first with the F4 drivers will I still be able to boot into my Lion since and then upgrade to 10.7.2 - my system is still configured for the F2 DSDT - how will this mess with things.

2. Do I upgrade to 10.7.2 first and then run MB with the F4 DSDT restart and upon restart flash my BIOS with the F4 drivers

Thanks for all the help in advance - this forum rocks :headbang:

1. if you do that, there is a possibility you wont be able to boot back in.
flashing a different bios version while using an older dsdt can sometimes be fine, allowing you to boot back in, but not always.
ive found it hard to get back in lion after flashing a new bios firmware while still using an older dsdt. not impossible but annoying nonetheless

2. thatd be the best way to do it.

thanks for the reply!

I went with option 2 and it worked just fine - only problem is that chameleon does not load - it just hangs at "loading operating system"

I tried running MB again to but didn't work - any help on specific BIOS settings maybe?

when you updated the bios, it usually goes to default settings.

reapply the settings you used before, eg ahci, osx drive first boot etc.

I'm going to do a clean installation of lion, but the thing is my mother board has bios version of 0402 which is the one for Asus P8Z68-V-pro/gen3, but since the newest bios came out, Can i flash the bios to the newest version first without any system installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back