Graphics
Gainward GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for the tutorial, it seems to be working for me, except audio!
iBoot 3.1.1 + Retail SL DVD 10.6 + MultiBeast 3.8.0 + 10.6.8 combo update + :)

Today i will try some "audio tricks", maybe it will help!

cheers

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 "F7" / Intel Corei7 2600K / 16Gb G.Skill 1866Mhz / Fractal-Design BlackPearl XL case / etc...

This is from a previous post that I saw:
A) run multiboot again.
B) select ALC8xxHDA (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
AppleHDA Rollback (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Universal)
C)Reboot
D)you should have sound how. (if now, let us know and someone might figure it out.)

If that doesn't work for you, try the last VoodooHDA in the list of Kexts&Enablers.

Congrats!!! I have the same Mobo too!
Have u installed more than one kext? And watch Voodoo if u upgrade to Lion. Caused me KP and i never installed it in the first place.

If your sound is not working, just clean up every sound related file (except the IO ones) you have in the /System/Library/Extensions folder and in the /Extra/Extensions folder. After that, re-run the lastest version of Multibeast, Select the ALC8xxHDA and the AppleHDA Rollback options under Drivers & Bootloaders=>Kexts & Enablers=>Audio. Select also the options Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions.

No, actually I haven't. Was just asking some questions about it. I'm about to do it though. I've heard lots of problems with audio on it. My only problem is that on my build my spec is set to Mac Pro2.1 or something like that but one of the prerequisites is that the spec is set to Mac Pro3. Don't know if that's really a prereq or not.

ded said:
Congrats!!! I have the same Mobo too!
Have u installed more than one kext? And watch Voodoo if u upgrade to Lion. Caused me KP and i never installed it in the first place.

If your sound is not working, just clean up every sound related file (except the IO ones) you have in the /System/Library/Extensions folder and in the /Extra/Extensions folder. After that, re-run the lastest version of Multibeast, Select the ALC8xxHDA and the AppleHDA Rollback options under Drivers & Bootloaders=>Kexts & Enablers=>Audio. Select also the options Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions.

Yessssss, i have sound in OSX 10.6.8 with MultiBeast, do the following!
I made that method which was in the tutorial, but no sound.... :(

Now, run the MultiBeast and System Utilities - check - and also check Drivers - Kexts - Audio - Realtek ALCxxx - all boxes (ALC8xxHDA - AppleHDA Rollback - NON DSDT HDAEnabler - all boxes) and now i have sound! :)

Anyone has a wifi USB adapter for the internet?
Becouse, mine have some problem ~cable not connected~ (said by the Network Manager).... Alphanetworks AWUS036H - Realtek RTL8178 -

Anyway, idea?

thx

Every time I had sound issues I would have to do some digging to figure out how to fix it again. So for those that continue to have sound issues after updating try getting on of these-

Its a usb sound device adapter and it works great in MAC OSX

Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MS ... 05_s00_i00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back