Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone.

First off thank you so much for all the work that you all have been doing.

secondly ( new to forum ) so not sure if this post belongs in this thread.

I've been attempting to install snow leopard onto HD ( PC ) for the last week but keep running into problems. i've looked in the other threads to resolve the issue but unable to do so.

i have a retail version of snow leopard dvd 10.6

ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAKS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ( previously had windows 7 running on it. wiped clean using Darik's Boot)

EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ( think this might be the issue )

Intel Core i3-540 Clarkdale 3.06GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3540
4 gb of ram
dvd drive.

I changed settings in bios to allow cd/dvd drive to be booted 1st.
changed settings for Sata AHCI in bios.

Problem

i insert iboot cd then take it out and put snow leopard cd. ( press f5) then the osx cd info shows up and i press enter ( tried using -x also same problem occurs ) after a few seconds a white apple screen displays and i see it loading. after about 30 -40 seconds it shows that i need to restart my computer by holding down power button.

Please if anyone is able to help i would deeply appreciate it . Thank you ( if this is wrong thread for this issue can some1 kindly direct me to the correct one please.)

Hello all - update on problem

i was able to get past this hold button for shutdown by using

-x PCIROOTUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=0 . so it seems it was the gfx issue.

New Problem is i get to install where it requests me to "select the disk where you want to install max OSX" but no HD shows up. i have the setting in bios set for AHCI.

also once on this screen i am unable to go back tab will not select any buttons.

also during install is mouse supposed to work? cause mine isn't.

thx in advance

i cant remember where i read this, but im sure i have somewhere, but supposedly there are problems with cavier blue drives not being recognised during setup.

i might be talking out my ass though

mouse is supposed to work, yes.
have you tried another mouse? are you using usb or ps2?

i was using usb but i can try another mouse. but no way to fix the HD problem?

I was able to install with help from a friend. Issues i am currently facing are.

No sound - cant hear anything on youtube / other video / auto sites.

GFX is still having issues i tried installing the nvidia update but it keeps saying that "no driver updates is needed for this system. This system already has drivers which support this NVIDIA graphics solution.

so the only way i can access the OSX is using the iboot disk and typing -x PCIRootUID=1. any 1 know any solutions?

i will be attempting to upgrade to lion soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back