Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My audio quit working for some reason so i tried toleda's patched AppleHDA for ALC889 and i'm getting kernel panics now. i'm running lion 10.7.4 and i haven't had to do anything to the computer for ages. so long that i can hardly remember how to troubleshoot!! since loading this and deleting the other AppleHDA.kext and ALC8xxHDA.kext were the only thing i did, this has to be the issue. i have no idea what to do next! i used MacDrive on my PC and renamed the patched AppleHDA.kext and restored the old one (I just renamed it) by removing the .BAK i added. this didn't work, of course. i tried booting in safe mode and that just hangs. when i boot in verbose, it hangs at executing fsck_hfs. in desperation, i removed my dsdt file and tried again. in verbose it got past the fsck_hfs, but gave a panic right after. then i tried booting -x -v and it gets stuck at calling registerService almost like it does when in IDE mode...which it is not. any help would be appreciated! I initially loaded Lion from a USB from the retail Appstore App, which i can't seem to find. if i have to, i will go buy a new OSX disk from my local Apple store, but it seems that something should be able to be done...i just don't know what. Here is my MB specs:

Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3

Thanks again! and sorry i sound like such a noob! it's crazy what you forget when the hackintosh has been running so good for so long!!

Swapping/Renaming kexts with MacDrive shouldn't work because they don't became root:wheel rights. You can try to delete the approbiate kexts (all kexts with HDA in their name) in /S/L/E using MacDrive. Also delete the kernelcache in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ and try to reboot

Thanks for the reply! I did what you said...it booted to the desktop, then immediately gave me a kernel panic and it's back to square 1. now i can't get any further than before with the boot. it's not getting to the desktop again and just hanging at executing fsck_hfs in -v boot. any other ideas? since what you told me got me further than before, i assumed that it recreated the cache you told me to delete...but it didn't.

thanks!

Thanks for your help!! What you suggested did work! i didn't delete the original AppleHDA.kext. once i did that, it booted right up. I appreciate your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back