Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Working GB H55 USB3 Micro ATX board (not Mini)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H270 plus
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Was following the life hacker guide for the Hack Mini build but the board was not available on amazon. Went with the bigger GB H55 USB 3 board with 4 mem slots and 2 PCI and 2 PCIe.

My board had an F11 bios, crossed my fingers and used the F7 bios DSDT from the database and it seemed to work fine. Everything came up well, did the realtek patch and my sound, USB. Been running it two days now and am very happy. I bought a BlacX USB/Esata external drive housing, plugged it in USB and using it for Time Machine backups on a 250 GB sata I had around. (Using a 120 SSD for primary mac drive, 1 TB for data both inside the box)

My question is, can Chameleon recognize and boot to the Esata for Windows purposes only. The BlacX is one of the open drive mounts where you can eject the drive easily. I want to move a Win7 1TB sata drive there and then use Chameleon to boot into windows. Is this doable?

Motherboard died after 60 days, Amazon gave me full credit and sent an RMA for it. Now I need to find another Micro form factor board for my Hackintosh setup......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back