Graphics
MSI HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI anyone has a working complete guide for lion osx raid setup as i see on the internet that many people have trouble setting raid lion with chameleon? Thanks!

I'll keep an eye on this, I've got a Intel SASUC8I in my build, however just waiting for the SAS cables to turn up to install some hard drives on it. Will update here when they do.

Having said that, my Marvell ports have 2 x 1TB drives attached in RAID0 but they just show up as one disk of 2TB don't know if there is a way around this.

Guess it is a driver availability issue, same as we have seen in snow leopard osx software raid support only on mackintosh platform.

The RAID card works fine. I've used it just simply to host a few extra ports then used disk utility to make a mirrored array. Now just need a few extra HDD

I'm not booting off of this by the way.

The Intel SASUC8I does not do RAID 5 ... correct?

Know of a model that does and works with LION?

HI anyone has a working complete guide for lion osx raid setup as i see on the internet that many people have trouble setting raid lion with chameleon? Thanks!

I believe it is a bootloader issue. To my understanding, Lion boots differently than Snow Leopard, and none of the Chameleon branches have successfully implemented a working Raid boot without a patch (search mozodojo and boot.c), though that patch will break any non-raid boots from what I know.

Waiting on a RAID boot as much as you all.

OK. I happen to find in kext.com a chameleon bootloader for lion osx raid where it says "Lion on RAID0 will not load kernelcache from the boot helper partition. This chameleon boot file fixes the issue." uploaded by marliwahoo.
link: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1568 (for those contemplating lion osx raid setup) :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back