-I couldn't get the HD4600 to play nice with the GTX780 for some reason so I disabled it.. But hey who needs it when you've got a GTX780.
A) Initial Bios Configuration
1. Update the motherboard's BIOS to version F8m via the instructions in the post below. You need to use F8m to get a stable system up and running. If you're on newer versions, I am uncertain if they'll work for you. If possible, try to get it downgraded to F8m.
2. Enter the Bios and Press F2 to load the Classic View
3. Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.
3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on Lan, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.
4. Save and Exit Bios.
B) Follow the guide here to get OSX Installed
1. Follow the installation guide here for 10.10.3 by tonymacx86: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC
To boot from USB into installation, I did not need to include any boot flags.
However after installation and the first reboot, I had to include -x to boot into safe mode.
2. MultiBeast Configuration
1) Download Multibeast 7.3.0 from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=259
2) Follow this configuration (As you will have noticed there's no audio selected. This will be done below.)
- The TRIM Enabler is only if you have an SSD
- The WIFI card should work by default
- 1080p display is if your monitor supports that resolution and you'd like to see a higher resolution boot screen, otherwise completely optional
3) Download Multibeast 6.2.2
4) Run Multibeast 6.2.2
and check Realtek ALCxxx/Without DSDT/ALC898 ONLY!
5) Cold restart your computer. (Do not select "Restart". Select "shutdown" and then manually turn the computer on again)
See if your installation works by rebooting! If all goes well, you should have had no need to include any boot flags.
- Do not use the official version from the gigabyte website. They are version F8 and F9. Stay away from those. It is IMPORTANT that you use F8m.
- Download the file from mediafire and put in into a FAT32 USB Flash Drive.
- Go into the BIOS, and load Q-Flash (found at the "Save and Exit" screen), and select the F8m bios
- After it's done updating, make sure you Load Optimized Default Values and follow the guide above to set up your bios correctly