Contribute
Register

Which do you use, Lion, Snow Leopard, or other?

Do you mainly use Lion or Snow Leopard ?

• I still mainly run OS 9 ( real Mac or SheepShaver ).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Linux person mainly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion! And I am never going back o_O

You know, as Steve always said "Always forwards, never backwards."

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XMZwE055qo[/VIDEO]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I can boot into Lion or Snow Leopard and although I enjoyed the 'challenge' of 'moving' to Lion - I'm now wondering why I did it. :confused: Lion 10.7.2 runs fine, graphics are quick, but my first hiccup was Pro Tools....woops! :banghead: Although I now hear there's an upgrade and a new version of Pro Tools to sastify the Leo Lovers. :thumbup: Now, I say 'moved' to Lion rather than upgraded since for me it hasn't been much of an upgrade. Firstly, I'm not touch-padding, next, the speed of Lion (on my system) is slower (as determined via a Geekbench score) not a significant amount but enough to get me thinking, "well, why did I move?". Being a big Exposé user, I don't really get the LaunchPad or Mission Control. :crazy: Yes, and I know there are countless new features...but (and yes, I've only Lion running for a few weeks) I have found nothing that will improve my productivity and like they say, it's hard to teach an old dog ("Snow Leopard") new tricks. I am now wondering, "am I missing something here?" or "am I to be thrilled by wiggling icons on Launchpad as if I have a bastardised desktop variety iPad? " :silent: And that's we're I'm at as we speak.I enjoyed reading users comments at

http://mac.appstorm.net/general/should- ... w-leopard/

..the only prediction I can make with reasonable certainty, is that in the next few days, I can see myself removing Lion for now unless someone can convince me why I shouldn't. Please impress me. Snow Leopard was about productivity (10.6.7 was exceptional for me) - it ran everything smoothly and fast.

You guys all rock by the way!

Eco :headbang:

I use all of them. Linux, windows, Mac OS X Snowy Leo and Lion.

For Linux I just have a small compact computer I got on newegg for $250 bucks. It runs ol Ubuntu.

For Mac OS X: I have a 2011 Macbook Pro Running Lion, and a 1st generation Intel iMac running an Intel Core Duo, I just keep it on Snow Leopard, my brother has the same computer but he can't get Lion to install.

For Windows: I have a computer I built running a Gigabyte Z68 chip, a radeon 6870 and an intel 2500k. I also have a Dell Inspiron 17. Mid 2011 edition.

I haven't used Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh in a couple of months, although I could with a clone in a a SATA bay. 10.7.2 works fine.
I use a Windows 7 computer and an Windows XP for some customer support so I don't do dual booting.
I use Snow Leopard on an core duo iMac and and Leopard on a G4 iMac, again for customer support. Also OS 9.2 on a G3 iMac.
I use LION on a late 2010 i3 iMac for comparison to functions on my Hackintosh.
I don't know that LION has enough new features to move to it other than to work out the quirks and say I have. :cool:
So, all of that means I would check - On my Hackintosh, I use LION most of the time and use Snow Leopard when I am curious about a question about Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh. :thumbup:

Lion is the best OS X ever! I never go back to Snow.

HeroBiX said:
(...)Apple makes it harder and harder to "play around", they want control over something that I bought and they should not give a **** what I'm doing with my product
Really? I still got a cd (!) copy of MacOS 7.5.3 around. And another of 8.6. You can try to install these on some self-hacked hardware. Have fun!

So it actually's the other way around; Apple makes it easier and easier with each OSX to hack with it.

+ 100% using Lion.
+ The new Mail features of Lion made the move worthwhile for me.
+ Stability wise, Lion is just as stable as SL for me.

- Lack of Rosetta was the biggest drawback initially. But I'm over it now. Found replacement programs that are Universal Binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back