Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Probook 4540s boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Probook 4540s boot up

Same thing happens with no flags. I will take some screen shots of my BIOS settings tomorrow and upload them as well. I am hoping that it is just something simple that I am not checking/unchecking. Also, I will try it without the wifi card as well. Thanks again.

I actually just bought this one today because the Dell XPS L321X was giving me a hard time configuring and everyone stated that this one was a piece of cake.

HP Probook 4540s boot up

So I re-downloaded Mountain Lion, created a new unibeast 8GB flash drive, used only the GraphicsEnabler=No flag and it installed just fine. I then needed to add the -x flag as well to boot in and run Probook Installer. I also had to do the drive issue fix for the Boot0. It is now running just fine.

Thanks again for your support.

HP Probook 4540s boot up

So I re-downloaded Mountain Lion, created a new unibeast 8GB flash drive, used only the GraphicsEnabler=No flag and it installed just fine. I then needed to add the -x flag as well to boot in and run Probook Installer. I also had to do the drive issue fix for the Boot0. It is now running just fine.

Thanks again for your support.

Nice to hear you got it working!

I also had a problem with my 4540s and just used "GraphicsEnabler=No" and I'm into the installation process now. Mouse is ridiculously responsive though! Hopefully I can fix it once installation is finished.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The installer died after completion and I've got a white screen with mouse frozen...

I also had a problem with my 4540s and just used "GraphicsEnabler=No" and I'm into the installation process now. Mouse is ridiculously responsive though! Hopefully I can fix it once installation is finished.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The installer died after completion and I've got a white screen with mouse frozen...

Don't forget to fill out your profile. And be sure to follow the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

Filled in my profile. I did follow your wonderful guide, thanks, and I almost have a working setup :)
I hit quite a few bumps in the road. I did get the boot0 error again which I fixed as per instructions, and I can now boot from the HDD. At first the sound didn't work but now it does. I am also going to have to replace my WIFI card. The one thing that is bugging me though is that sometimes my system just hangs randomly. It's done it about 4 times now in one evening for no apparent reason. I don't think my setup is peculiar in any way.

Filled in my profile. I did follow your wonderful guide, thanks, and I almost have a working setup :)
I hit quite a few bumps in the road. I did get the boot0 error again which I fixed as per instructions, and I can now boot from the HDD. At first the sound didn't work but now it does. I am also going to have to replace my WIFI card. The one thing that is bugging me though is that sometimes my system just hangs randomly. It's done it about 4 times now in one evening for no apparent reason. I don't think my setup is peculiar in any way.

How many "bumps" besides the boot0 issue (which is really not a bump, but rather expected with some HDDs)? Installed properly, you should have had audio on the first reboot after the ProBook Installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back