Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I had to install 10.6.3 with -x switch and first HD boot with iBoot Nvidia with -x. iBoot Supported does not work.

i have tried to install UserDSDT with DSDT file from the database. Bios v.F10 and matching DSDT file. This results in a black screen when i boot. The same with -x

I then booted with -s and deleted the DSDT.aml file in Extra folder, booted with -x. Then i tried EasyBeast supported with kernel 10.3.1 and it boots fine without -x. have installed kext for LAN & Audio and these works. sleep doesnt work. NVenabler results in a black screen.

Why doesnt DSDT work for me, i have seen several builds using almost identical HW, but using older bios. Only apparent difference is my old nvidia GFX. i suspect theres something i do wrong with my GFX. Is there something i have to edit in the DSDT before i install it? Any pointers in the right direction would be very nice ;)

Im considering buying a new GFX if this is all that is keeping me from having a succesfull install, any advice on witch GFX to go for in the lower budget class?

HW:
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 - F10
Intel Core i7 860
Nvidia 8600 GT 256MB
4gb RAM 1600Mhz
Sata HDD/DVD

Thanks for this excellent community! :)

Re: GA-P55M-UD4 DSDT F10 no boot

ok, NVenabler works, just had to use VGA out instead of DVI. Now i just have to figure out how to get dual display and sleep to work and i think i have a fully working system :clap:

Re: GA-P55M-UD4 DSDT F10 no boot

never mind.. got it working.

Using the DVI throwed me of a bit. Used the VGA port and did a fresh install. didn´t need -x switch anymore. DSDT works now. Update to 10.6.4 works. Everything just works! :D :D :D

thanks to everyone doing good work in this community

did you get DVI port working ?
Im having the same problem only my VGA port works.

I've heard a lot of people have issues with cards that have DVIx1 VGAx1, as apposed to DVIx2. The fact that it works at all is amazing to me (I had to buy a new card, mine wouldn't function at all).

Try booting with it in dvi several times.

tonyh216 said:
did you get DVI port working ?
Im having the same problem only my VGA port works.
Should work... I'm using dual display (DVI and VGA), without issues...

Which kind of enabler are you using ?

@Lnx2Mac
Same here (i.e. having dual monitor work with one DVI and one VGA), though from what I have read it appears not all card vendor dual monitor ports work if using two different outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back