Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Dear all,

After successfully, and thanks to a lot of help of rehabman, hackintoshing my probook 4540s (i3) laptop I am now considering to upgrade to a i7 cpu. I have seen one for sale.
i7 2630QM (6M Cache, up to 2.90 GHz)
Will the computer be able to handle this, cooling wise etc.?
If this i7 cpu is not compatible could you recommend any that have successfully been implemented?

On youtube there was a movie that shows you how to replace it yourself and I think i can do it.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Will it also compromise the stability of my hack and should I start the procedure of installing mavericks again after the upgrade?

thanks in advance.

Reagrds,

Dear all,

After successfully, and thanks to a lot of help of rehabman, hackintoshing my probook 4540s (i3) laptop I am now considering to upgrade to a i7 cpu. I have seen one for sale.
i7 2630QM (6M Cache, up to 2.90 GHz)
Will the computer be able to handle this, cooling wise etc.?
If this i7 cpu is not compatible could you recommend any that have successfully been implemented?

On youtube there was a movie that shows you how to replace it yourself and I think i can do it.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Will it also compromise the stability of my hack and should I start the procedure of installing mavericks again after the upgrade?

thanks in advance.

Reagrds,

Read your service manual. It has a list of CPUs compatible with the 4540s.

As long as you're updating the CPU, you should consider an Ivy CPU with HD4000 instead.

Aha, HD4000 on board, off course...

Thanks Rehabman I will post my results.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back