Register

NVIDIA or ATI and WHY?

NVIDIA or ATI and WHY?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Nvidia only for long time,
but my current one is ATI, 'cause I wanted to try it. ^^

As I don't use my pc for gaming it doen't really matter for me.

i like the color green better than red
but really nvidia i think is more supported by os x

+1 to nvidia, because the most current gen is supported (600) whereas from AMD, only some previous Gens work(6000) and no current Gens (7000).

Nvidia GTX 570. Had an ATI 5770 which was my favourite up until Mountain Lion. But then I started to get more involved in gaming as well and found that the extra cost for a nice Nvidia card paid off nicely.

From now on, it will be Nvidia forever

I bought an ATI 6870 for my main system because at the time people were raving about its performance/bang-for-buck, and indeed I'm very happy with it. Before it, I was strictly nVidia for Hackintosh- especially after a bad experience a long time ago with an ATI 2600XT. But I took a chance on the 6870.

However, having since built systems for several friends using newer nVidia cards, if building today I'd stick with nVidia. They remain easier to setup. My 6870 is PITA to get working correctly with dual monitors, and had the annoying white-screen issue to be solved before I could run Mountain Lion. Meanwhile, set up friends' systems with no hassles with nVidia.

ATI only for me, can't stand nVidia TBH. I find ATI to be better for gaming in OSX and I don't use windows at all or do Video editing so CUDA is a waste for me. I also use all DP displays so ATI is better as you can get some cards with up to 6 mDP ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back