Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, so I'm a total newbie at this and not even sure what to look for, so I'm hoping someone can help me out... I just installed OS X Lion on my laptop, and am missing several drivers - audio seems to be missing, as well as my wifi is not being picked up. i downloaded the DSDT for my laptop (a dell inspiron n5010). any suggestions as to how to get those drivers installed?

Hey guys, so I'm a total newbie at this and not even sure what to look for, so I'm hoping someone can help me out... I just installed OS X Lion on my laptop, and am missing several drivers - audio seems to be missing, as well as my wifi is not being picked up. i downloaded the DSDT for my laptop (a dell inspiron n5010). any suggestions as to how to get those drivers installed?

Always a bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

what do you mean? the dsdt i downloaded is for the laptop that i installed on...i'm using the inspiron n5010...

what do you mean? the dsdt i downloaded is for the laptop that i installed on...i'm using the inspiron n5010...

I mean exactly what I wrote... Never use a DSDT from another computer.

Even minor differences such as amount of RAM installed, BIOS settings, BIOS version, WiFi card installed, etc can change the native DSDT in important ways.

Always patch your own native DSDT.

This question was actually covered in the linked guide. You should read it.

How do I go about doing that? I'm not 100% clear...like I said, I'm new to this...I assumed downloading the DSDT for the Inspiron n5010 would be what's needed, as I'm not sure what my
motherboard is (this laptop has been sitting around for a while without being used and windows was corrupted...) Also, any suggestions where to go to get the audio/wifi drivers to enable them?

How do I go about doing that? I'm not 100% clear...like I said, I'm new to this...I assumed downloading the DSDT for the Inspiron n5010 would be what's needed, as I'm not sure what my
motherboard is (this laptop has been sitting around for a while without being used and windows was corrupted...) Also, any suggestions where to go to get the audio/wifi drivers to enable them?

The DSDT patching guide is linked from the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back