Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys, I need help, can you check if my efi has been configured correctly? for my hardware, which would be the one in my profile, I use opencore 0.99 with sonoma 14.4.1, Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard, intel i9 9900k processor, ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card, I would be very grateful

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 10
The EFI contents look OK for a Coffee Lake (CFL) system.

I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing a number of unnecessary entries, so it is easier to read and navigate.

Your USBPorts.kext is looking a bit on the light side, as it only activates 11 x USB ports. You could activate another 4 x ports, if you wanted.

You have two entries for the built-in Realtek Audio device, one in the DeviceProperties and the other in the boot args. I have deleted the DeviceProperties entry, as the boot args entry takes precedence and the other just look wrong.

I Enabled Misc > Debug > DisableWatchDog entry.

Assume you don't have a WiFi/BT card installed in your system, as you are not using any WiFi or BT kexts.

Try this cleaned up EFI/config.plist and see if it helps. Just add your iMac19,1 SMBIOS data to the config.plist, don't change anything else.

Attachments

• EFI-v1.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 12
The EFI contents look OK for a Coffee Lake (CFL) system.

I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing a number of unnecessary entries, so it is easier to read and navigate.

Your USBPorts.kext is looking a bit on the light side, as it only activates 11 x USB ports. You could activate another 4 x ports, if you wanted.

You have two entries for the built-in Realtek Audio device, one in the DeviceProperties and the other in the boot args. I have deleted the DeviceProperties entry, as the boot args entry takes precedence and the other just look wrong.

I Enabled Misc > Debug > DisableWatchDog entry.

Assume you don't have a WiFi/BT card installed in your system, as you are not using any WiFi or BT kexts.

Try this cleaned up EFI/config.plist and see if it helps. Just add your iMac19,1 SMBIOS data to the config.plist, don't change anything else.
Thank you very much, you were very kind, your efi works perfectly, in fact I don't have a WiFi/BT card
installed in my system, regarding usbport.kext I did the port mapping and eliminated the white ones, and left only the highlighted ones, I don't know which are the other 4 ports to activate, I'm not very expert, sorry for my bad English

You don’t have to use the other 4 x USB ports, it was just a suggestion. If the current USBPorts.kext works for you then stick with it.

Could I ask someone to kindly look over my EFI too. It used to work really well on Ventura but I notice a few problems with Sonoma. I am also using OC 0.99 and Sonoma 14.4.1. My hardware is Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus CPU i5-9600KF GraphicsRX 580

Some weird things like updates not showing up under System Settings>General>Software Update when I know they were available. Also system unlock with watch and a couple of other things seem flaky now that worked previously. Wondering if that all is to do with my EFI as I had to change it to even get an install with Sonoma when it was working as expected with previous versions of macOS.

Thanks HEAPS in advance! :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Some weird things like updates not showing up under System Settings>General>Software Update when I know they were available

Thanks HEAPS in advance! :)
Hello,

For Sonoma, try to add/enable this kext :

In config.plist, for boot-args, try to add this argument to the list of already existing arguments :

revpatch=sbvmm

================
On reboot, reset Nvram !

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Thanks I will give that a go, had manually updated since my previous post so will see if it makes a difference when next update is released :thumbup:

Thanks that worked to get the updates coming through. Still not quite sure if my EFI is optimally configured but at least the updates are showing up again. :thumbup:

Back