GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am planning to build an imac g3 hackintosh to put in my shed for the summer and i would need some help for modifying the case to fit the motherboard and edit the ports to work on the mother board. if you need the motherboard brand click the link below:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015XN82NU/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Last edited:
first thing's first, be super careful with the CRT, especially if you've had it plugged in at all recently. There's enough power stored in there to cook you faster than a steak on boilerplate.

What are your specs for the hardware too? Which iMac G3 do you have?

first thing's first, be super careful with the CRT, especially if you've had it plugged in at all recently. There's enough power stored in there to cook you faster than a steak on boilerplate.

What are your specs for the hardware too? Which iMac G3 do you have?
i have the lime model with 160 mb of ram. also can you please tell me if you can help me with modifying the speaker, usb and ethernet ports to work on my motherboard?

if you can, here is my motherboard link.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015XN82NU/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Slotload or Tray optical drive?

well, I had to figure out which model you had first :p

the I/O on the original model like that is pretty limited- you're not going to be able to use the USB or ethernet that are built-in because they're attached to the motherboard. You could look at getting some breakout cables from digikey or somewhere similar and route them to the USB header on your board. I'm not sure on the ethernet front- I suppose you could get a USB-ethernet adapter and use that.

For the speakers, I'd probably try to track down a USB amp like this one

you could also try a normal class-D amp like the one from Adafruit, but you'll have to get the input with a series of adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back