Motherboard
dell inspiron 5520
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Whenever I boot from my usb i get an error and every single time that i resolve the first one, then another one pops up. Am i doing something wrong? I have provided the .plist file in case there is something that needs to be changed

Attachments

• config.plist
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
Whenever I boot from my usb i get an error and every single time that i resolve the first one, then another one pops up. Am i doing something wrong? I have provided the .plist file in case there is something that needs to be changed
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Link to laptop guide:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

This is an updated FAQ from the Original Thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/post-1045259 Before asking a question, many common questions are already commonly asked and answered, and many answers exist in the sticky threads in this forum...
www.tonymacx86.com

Link to laptop guide:

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

A guide in setting up your USB installer using OpenCore. You must have either a built-in ethernet or compatible Broadcom Wifi in your laptop for this guide to work. Built-in Intel Wifi can also work if set correctly...
www.tonymacx86.com
I have already seen many different laptop guides and videos but I cannot find something that can help.The error is "ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)" and "ASSERT [AprDxe] DpcL.c(40): !((((!NIN)(RETURN_STATUS)) < 0)" and I assume that the config.plist file is causing the issue because all the options are matching with the ones on the guide. I just want to confirm if my assumption is correct. My laptop's model is the dell inspiron 5520 with an intel core i3-3110m and intel hd 4000 integrated graphics. I olny want to boot into the installation and nothing more, I don't want any drivers or how to make the bluetooth or wifi work. (im using OpenCore for the installation)
Also I have included the log to see if it shows any other messages

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-01-151827.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have already seen many different laptop guides and videos but I cannot find something that can help.The error is "ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)" and "ASSERT [AprDxe] DpcL.c(40): !((((!NIN)(RETURN_STATUS)) < 0)" and I assume that the config.plist file is causing the issue because all the options are matching with the ones on the guide. I just want to confirm if my assumption is correct. My laptop's model is the dell inspiron 5520 with an intel core i3-3110m and intel hd 4000 integrated graphics. I olny want to boot into the installation and nothing more, I don't want any drivers or how to make the bluetooth or wifi work. (im using OpenCore for the installation)
Also I have included the log to see if it shows any other messages
the guide is linked above

Back