Register

<< Solved >> I need the graphics card driver for the nvidia gt 710 2gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Pentium
Graphics
HD 3100
I have no build number on el capitan and can't find the driver.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 6.56.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 6.56.23 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 201
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

I have no build number on el capitan and can't find the driver.
To find your build number click where it says "Version 10.11" in your image or look at System Information - Software.
You don't need to find a driver, there is native support for your graphics card, you just need the correct settings in your config.plist.

I figured out how to get the graphics working. I needed to boot with nv_ disable=1 install the nvidia web driver. Lilu and nvidia graphics fixup kext. Restart and use the arg nvda_drv=1

I figured out how to get the graphics working. I needed to boot with nv_ disable=1 install the nvidia web driver. Lilu and nvidia graphics fixup kext. Restart and use the arg nvda_drv=1
Your GT 710 is Kepler based and has drivers right within macOS. Why make it so much more complicated ? You've chosen the wrong iMac system definition. Why not use iMac 10,1 instead ?

Last edited:
It didn't work out of the box without the driver installed. It went to a black screen or a restart loop Without the nvidia fix kext. If it was that simple I wouldn't have had to do all that. At least it's working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back