Contribute
Register

How to install DSDT in High Sierra? (stability issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUSTEK P7P55D
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7 860 @ 2.80GHz × 8 (4 core)
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So short question, do I need DSDT on High Sierra and this system?

My setup is somewhat unstable. Does DSDT have effect on that?
(On the other hand it could be my Nvidia Web-driver, that had some warning about this operating system.)

Also if I set the computer to sleep. It does not sleep, or does sleep, but when time to wake up, monitors do not turn on. If I understand correctly, this is due to the DSDT-file missing?

I can find correct file for my MB and bios from https://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database , but it does not work. Or I do not know how to install it. All I found is to put DSDT.aml to /Extra-folder, which I can not locate. I found another post that in High Sierra it should be put in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml
When I put it there, my system does not boot at all. In verbose mode I can see that boot halts on: “ACPI: Executed 1 blocks of module-level executable AML code”

I am not sure, if that is too old file for High Sierra, or what am I missing?

So, what is the correct way to install DSDT on High Sierra? Do I use some program, or should I install it when installing OS?

I would be really interested in the answer too.

I'm afraid I just can't help you, since I am trying to find information about this as well.

Also if I set the computer to sleep. It does not sleep, or does sleep, but when time to wake up, monitors do not turn on.

I have no advice on DSDT as I am as well wondering that, but if your computer has issues waking after more than 3 hours asleep this may work:
sudo pmset standby 0

This disables Standby mode (or "deep sleep") which occurs 3 hours after Sleep is engaged. You can check your Standby mode this way:
pmset -g | grep standby

If you Sleep your computer and try to wake it up 60 seconds after and the monitors do not turn on, the above code won't fix it and it's some other issue

What info I have found in few places, the correct path is: EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

I downloaded the DSDT.aml from the download section, and computer starts fine. I'll just have to wait an see if it works. Not sure it is even loaded. Downgraded today the bios to be the same version as DSDT-file (2003).

My power saving issue is that it goes to sleep, and after 1-2 seconds wakes back up. No big thingie, I can just let the power stay on as long as I use this OS. Use it for video and audio editing only. I have dualboot with Linux Mint.

About system crash, last things before crashing, there are multiple lines (like 50 or so?) of "IOAudioFamily" in the last lines of kernel log.

So If I understand correctly, it has something to do with the audio. But that is another thing, and does not really belong at this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back