Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just got this setup over the last several days and after a few tweeks got it 100% working including sleep.

I only installed 4GB of RAM to start, not sure if that was necessary or not but the guides seemed to say you should so I followed suite.

Set the v1 BIOS to HPET 64bit and AHCI as described in the standard setup.

I ran iBoot standard version and then inserted 10.6 Retail Snow Leopard

Ran the Disk Utility at the install screen and partitioned my drive to 1 partition (I had a 500gb SATA drive just laying around)

I then closed that window after format and clicked the now recognized drive (500 gb, Snow Leopard was the name I gave it in Disk Utility)

I clicked customize and unchecked all the optional install components

Clicked install and away it went. Upon finish I rebooted , replaced the iBoot Disk and click the Snow Leopard volume when the boot strap completed.

Next I copied the Multibeast 3.2 and 10.6.6 combo update to the desktop using the USB thumbdrive.

I opened the Multibeast window and then clicked and started the 10.6.6 combo update. After it completed I left the window opene d click through the MultiBeast install.

I clicked EasyBeast, both the System Utilities boxes and the NVidia injector (NVinject)

I then ran the setup and rebooted once it was completed.

Upon Reboot I reran Multibeast and ran the Network setup using the checking the Network Utilities again and the Network>RealtekRTL81x Network Driver and clicked Run.

Rebooted again

The last thing I needed to do was get sound and that was a really mess last time I tried so I was not looking forward to it. I found some great help in the forums and figured out the 100pct easiest way to do this.

Lastly. Audio

Go to the DSDT database and download your MB aml file and put it on your desktop.
Run the Multibeast with the Custom DSDT option (instead of doing the EasyBeast Route)
Click all the System Utilities
Click on the Audio Realtek ALC8xxHDA & the AppleHDA Rollback options ONLY...

I rebooted and had sound , network and full video on a 30" Monitor and its really damn fast.

Lastly I deleted the NullCPUPpowerManagement.kext out of Extras and in the Utilites menu on OSX checked all 3 options on the Energy Saver tab (Put the HD to sleep when possible,Allow PowerButton to put the computer to sleep and Start ip automatically after a power failure)

I then shut the system off inserted the other 4gb of RAM powered it back on and sleep was enabled, 8gb of RAM recognized and did a time machine restore over the network and the machine is running 100pct for 3 days straight, no KP, no hickups at all.

I think I could have done this with like 3 less reboots but I was being cautious and wanted to ensure everything one thing was working. I may try and update the instructions with a more concise version in the future.

Thanks for all the support Tony and MacMan.

-icebearii

Good Job! Now enjoy.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

icebearii said:
Just got this setup over the last several days and after a few tweeks got it 100% working including sleep.

nice job mate :thumbup:

could you share some xbench/geekbench results? I'm aiming for a "10k geekbench" desktop machine at the moment as the CustoMac Mini is a bit of a compromise on the hardware size...

Which bios version are you using and which DSDT file did you download ( ga-p55-usb3 or gap55-ud3 ) ?

I have the same board with a Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 also 8 GB RAM. I also took the same path to install the system, I used the Nvidia update I downloaded from here. Also downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update.

I have two problems, first I have random crashes during "normal" use, there is so apparently reason for that.
The second point is, when I have a high network use (I do backup my system in the cloud), in this case I do have crashes after a few minutes, always, I used the Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext to install the network card.

Do anyone else have this problems? Are they known? Is there any solution?

OMG.... this guide is amazing... I followed it and it all worked perfect, However I have a GTX465 and needed to install the nvidia update... when I did this I reboot and when it loads it comes up with a Black screen and my mouse and thats it.. 20 sec later it has to be restarted... I was so close everything was working.... please any help would be greatly appreciated..thx

was able to get in with -x so I'm currently in OSX in safe mode, whats weird is my video card is recognized as a GTX470 and the resolution is much better now..

Why the hell is it screwing with the boot process....

I have this mother board but it is a UD3R board does this make any difference??
Also I cant seem to get the bios to recognise my HDD it is formated in NTFS format is that the problem? I cant seem to get windows 7 to format into fat32

I have UD3L ... does it make a difference? I wonder if the mobo's are really so different from version UD3, UD3L UD3R ...

Currently Iam installing OSX. Hope all will works :D 50% now

wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back