Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking at your edited DSDTs and IORegistryExplorer and have a couple of observations, suggestions and questions.

1) For some reason Gigabyte codes their ACPI BIOS name for the SATA controllers as IDE not SATA. I guess they do this so that if you have it configured in IDE mode you won't be surprised by the name.

2) I think that when you edit submitted DSDTs you should change the controller from IDE1 to SATA and can optionally delete IDE2. My reasoning for the rename is that on a i5/i7 iMac the controller is defined as SATA. Renaming it will make it easier down the road when 10.6.3 is released and we have access to native P55 support. The reason to delete IDE2 is that it's only used when the first SATA controller is configured as IDE which we can't use and is never seen in IORegistryExplorer. If you don't want to delete it, then I think it should be renamed to SATA2.

3) Another change with the SATA controller is to rename Device PRIM to PRT0 and Device SECD to PRT1. The reason being when using IORegistryExplorer you see PRIM, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, PRT5 and SECD for the SATA Device names. On a Mac Pro the SATA Devices are listed as PRT0, PRT1, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4 and PRT5 which makes more sense.

4) When you edit DSDTs that people submit to you do anything other than what you documented in tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.zip?

5) I found a bug on my motherboard where Gigabyte reports all JMicron controllers as JMB363. I was wondering if I could fix this with DSDT and mark a specific controller as a JMB362?

6) I'm working on a kext for the Marvell 9128 SATA3 controller (Vendor,Device: 1b4b,9128) to make it recognized in System Profiler. In my testing with IceBear I am running into problems. It looks like in the DSDT there are no ports defined for the Marvell chip. I looked at DSDT-GA-P55A-UD4-F9.aml that I extracted from MultiBeast in DSDTSE and can't find the device. Do you have any unedited P55A-UDx DSDT's that I can look at or can you tell me where to look in these DSDTs for that device?

Thanks for creating this community.

Oh- hell yeah- you're speaking my language. I only settled on a few fixes, and was always back and forth about that SATA one- I did it on mine, but just added the device ids to the others- didn't know if there was some kind of double IDE action going on on those larger boards. Also didn't want to remove too much- you understand.

But if you think that's better- I'm game- let's change them all- could you help with this? I've kind of got like 4 projects going on right now. :eek:

:mrgreen: Let's get this thing together- I'll slide the edited DSDTs into a .zip and PM you- It's all the latest Gigabyte fixes. You've got mail. :mrgreen:

MacMan said:
I am looking at your edited DSDTs and IORegistryExplorer and have a couple of observations, suggestions and questions.

1) For some reason Gigabyte codes their ACPI BIOS name for the SATA controllers as IDE not SATA. I guess they do this so that if you have it configured in IDE mode you won't be surprised by the name.

2) I think that when you edit submitted DSDTs you should change the controller from IDE1 to SATA and can optionally delete IDE2. My reasoning for the rename is that on a i5/i7 iMac the controller is defined as SATA. Renaming it will make it easier down the road when 10.6.3 is released and we have access to native P55 support. The reason to delete IDE2 is that it's only used when the first SATA controller is configured as IDE which we can't use and is never seen in IORegistryExplorer. If you don't want to delete it, then I think it should be renamed to SATA2.

3) Another change with the SATA controller is to rename Device PRIM to PRT0 and Device SECD to PRT1. The reason being when using IORegistryExplorer you see PRIM, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, PRT5 and SECD for the SATA Device names. On a Mac Pro the SATA Devices are listed as PRT0, PRT1, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4 and PRT5 which makes more sense.

4) When you edit DSDTs that people submit to you do anything other than what you documented in tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.zip?

5) I found a bug on my motherboard where Gigabyte reports all JMicron controllers as JMB363. I was wondering if I could fix this with DSDT and mark a specific controller as a JMB362?

6) I'm working on a kext for the Marvell 9128 SATA3 controller (Vendor,Device: 1b4b,9128) to make it recognized in System Profiler. In my testing with IceBear I am running into problems. It looks like in the DSDT there are no ports defined for the Marvell chip. I looked at DSDT-GA-P55A-UD4-F9.aml that I extracted from MultiBeast in DSDTSE and can't find the device. Do you have any unedited P55A-UDx DSDT's that I can look at or can you tell me where to look in these DSDTs for that device?

Thanks for creating this community.

I didn't do any other edits besides what's listed on the DSDT Database. I've pretty much taken control of the Gigabyte boards as well, as the bios versions and quality of submissions varied. It's better to have them all standard.

I should have some vanilla DSDTs floating around- possibly even linked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back