Contribute
Register

Display problem after boot 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using clover bootloader and after applying dsdt

What do you mean by "applying DSDT"?

having the same display problem. How do you apply or bypass using the DSDT=No using clover to recover from the display black lines etc. on a 4530s.

You can set DSDT to an invalid file in Clover options.

I used the latest HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.14.1 and must have selected to apply the wrong DSDT for the 4530. I am looking for a way to recover it by booting with the similar DSDT=NO option previously used with the non-clover process. Let me know if this explanation helps? Thanks !

I used the latest HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.14.1 and must have selected to apply the wrong DSDT for the 4530. I am looking for a way to recover it by booting with the similar DSDT=NO option previously used with the non-clover process. Let me know if this explanation helps? Thanks !

Already explained in post #11.

I've tried all known combinations/options to rename the DSDT file name in clover with no luck. Is there a special process to change options in clover. Thanks.

It is in "Clover Options"

Thanks Rehabman...

I chose another recovery option and fixed the problem. Booted from the original install usb drive UFI and then re-installed the DSDT plus made sure this time I selected the correct display type "low resolution".

The problem will occur when DSDT is selected for the HP-ProMAC Installer Clover Edition and avoid selecting the "Display Type". The Display Type option doesn't expand until you choose this option. If you choose not to select either low or high resolution, your DSDT will be configured incorrectly (not sure what the default is) and not display correctly. Recovering from the USB EFI might be a solution. No matter how many times I updated the options with a different name, it didn't take. Thanks !

Thanks Rehabman...

I chose another recovery option and fixed the problem. Booted from the original install usb drive UFI and then re-installed the DSDT plus made sure this time I selected the correct display type "low resolution".

The problem will occur when DSDT is selected for the HP-ProMAC Installer Clover Edition and avoid selecting the "Display Type". The Display Type option doesn't expand until you choose this option. If you choose not to select either low or high resolution, your DSDT will be configured incorrectly (not sure what the default is) and not display correctly. Recovering from the USB EFI might be a solution. No matter how many times I updated the options with a different name, it didn't take. Thanks !

If you fail to make a selection in "Display Type" you end up with a DSDT that injects nothing... which, of course, will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back