CPU
I9-10850K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I have been having a problem with my hackintosh recently.
I am working in logic pro on a daily basis.
It often gives me the message "disk is too slow or system overload".
I have sonoma 14.3.1 installation
Motherboard: Z590 Aourus pro AX
Processor: i9-10850K
Disk: WD 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Blue SN570
I tested the speed of my disk and oh this is the result:

Reading may be reasonably ok, but writing is a failure.

Previously I had Sonoma 14.1.

I also add the kexts.

Is this a symptom that the drive is starting to fail?

Thanks.

Attachments

• disk.png
    disk.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 10
  • imac-matt.home.pdf
    126.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Having reviewed your 'efi' folder (should be uppercase EFI) I would comment as follows:

ACPI Folder:
  1. Your Gigabyte motherboard doesn't require SSDT-RHUB.aml, this is only meant for ASUS motherboards.
    1. It can be removed from your ACPI folder and config.plist.
Drivers Folder:
  1. You have AudioDxe.efi driver present in your setup, have you configured your system to play the Apple Boot 'Chime' sound when you start your system?
    1. If not the you can remove this driver from your setup.
  2. You have NvmExpressDxe.efi driver present in your setup, I have never seen any modern Hack that requires this driver to get their NVME M.2 drives working in OpenCore.
    1. I would recommend removing this driver from your setup.
Kexts Folder:
  1. Do you have both an Intel and Broadcom WiFi card installed in your system?
    1. Are both devices Enabled?
    2. Your motherboard contains an Intel AX200 WiFi/BT card, according to the spec sheet.
    3. Airportitlwm.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext are both present in your Kexts folder and enabled in your config.plist.
    4. This should never be the case, as they will simply interfere with each other, or confuse anyone looking at your EFI to work out why you are having any issues.
    5. I would recommend removing AirportBrcmFixup.kext if you are only using the Intel WiFi.
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext are both present in your Kexts folder, again when running Sonoma this should not be the case, as only BlueToolFixup.kext works in the latest macOS releases.
    1. I would remove IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, as it is not needed in Sonoma.
  3. Your motherboard has the Realtek ALC4080 codec, is this USB based?
    1. If it is USB based, then you need to change AppleALC.kext for AppleALCU.kext for the builtin Audio to work.
  4. Do you have an Atheros 1GB, Realtek 1GB &/or Realtek 2,5GB Ethernet port/card in your system?
    1. If not, you need to remove the three (3) unused Ethernet kexts from the Kexts folder and config.plist.
    2. Your motherboard's specs says it has an Intel 2.5GB Ethernet controller, so none of the three kexts in your setup will work with the Intel Ethernet port.
  5. You should not be using SMCLightSensor.kext, this is a laptop specific kext, you don't need it in your desktop system.
  6. I am not sure you need SMCProcessor.kext either, unless you are using a Sensor app in macOS that reads from this kext.
  7. Neither the USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext present in your Kexts folder are enabled in your config.plist, why have them in the folder if you are not going to use either one?
    1. If neither work, then you need to look at creating a new USB configuration for your system.
  8. You have Sinter-rtsx.kext present in your Kexts folder, again this is a laptop specific kext for builtin Realtek SD card readers. You should remove this kext from your setup.
Tools Folder:
  1. You have all of the Tools from OpenCore present in your setup. This is not necessary, as it is very unlikely you would need any of these once you have got macOS installed.
    1. I would recommend Removing the majority of the Tools, leaving just these three:
      1. CleanNvram.efi
      2. OpenShell.efi
      3. ResetSystem.efi
This is a screenshot showing the contents of your current EFI folder:
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 14.39.40.png

I would revise your EFI folder to look like this:
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 14.48.32.png

With changes to the config.plist, to match the revised folder contents.
  1. You don't have any DeviceProperties for your Intel IGPU in your config.plist, why not?
  2. You are using an iMac20,2 SMBIOS, which expect both the IGPU and Discrete GPU to be present and enabled.
  3. Adding the correct Headless/Empty Framebuffer for your IGPU might improve some processes in your system when running macOS and/or Windows.
  4. You have a number of Boot Arguments in your config that you don't need.
    1. -no_compat_check -cdfon debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 igfxonln=1
    2. As you are using a compatible SMBIOS, you don't need the -no_compat_check boot arg.
    3. As you need to use a Headless/Empty framebuffer with your IGPU you don't need the -cdfon and igfxonln=1 boot args.
    4. the other two boot args do nothing without -v boot arg, so they can be removed too.
  5. You have SIP (csr-active-config) set with a non-standard entry, you don't need to do this.
  6. I would recommend that you Enable SIP by changing the current entry <87070000> to <00000000>.
  7. I would recommend you add an entry to the prev-lang:kbd entry, as leaving this blank can cause unnecessary issues.
    1. Changing the prev-lang:kbd entry Type from 'Data' to 'String' and using en-US:0 as the Value would be the obvious setting if you are living in the US.
  8. You should set UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries to '0' not '-1', as you are running Sonoma.
    1. '0' is the default setting for any version of macOS since Big Sur. You shouldn't change this from the Default value without good reason.
  9. You have posted your EFI and your config.plist containing your Serial Number etc.
    1. A number of people have already downloaded a copy of your EFI.
    2. So I would recommend you generate a new set of SMBIOS data for your setup.
    3. Sign out of any Apple services such as Messages, iCloud, AppStore & Music etc. before changing the SMBIOS data.
That should be plenty for you to be getting on with.

See what difference making all these changes have when you use your Hack.

Thank you for your comprehensive response!
I am taking the EFI fix.

Config was generated for the purpose of this post. I just don't use it.

• You don't have any DeviceProperties for your Intel IGPU in your config.plist, why not?
  • You are using an iMac20,2 SMBIOS, which expect both the IGPU and Discrete GPU to be present and enabled.
  • Adding the correct Headless/Empty Framebuffer for your IGPU might improve some processes in your system when running macOS and/or Windows.
how to do it?I have an AMD Radeon RX 480 8 GB graphics card

Last edited:
Back