CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 5670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have been trying to get my computer to come out of sleep mode. Yesterday I downloaded an updated DSDT.aml file for version F8 of my motherboard. After I updated the DSDT.aml file I was unable to reboot my computer. I would just get a blank screen. Today I reinstalled OSX and copied the F8 DSDT.aml file to my computer again. Everything was working fine until I downloaded 8 updates for OSX that were recommended. Once I applied the updates and rebooted I received the screen you see in the picture. I have not tried to reinstall OSX again but I think there is a problem between the OSX updates and the new F8 DSDT.aml file. Has anyone else run across this issue?

Attachments

• Panic.jpg
    Panic.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 482
I don't know what updates I installed. I just had a message that there were 8 updates and they were installed as my computer was shutting down. I am going to reinstall OSX so I will check exactly what updates are being installed.

What do you mean by the MacPro symbios.plist? I am new to Macs so I am unfamiliar with the terminology.

Try booting with the iBoot CD which doesn't use a DSDT and see if it's the DSDT.

If it boots list what installed in /Extra/Extensions.

I attempted to boot with the iBoot CD and received the same message about the Debugger called: <panic>. I'm not too sure what is going on unless it is an issue with updating the BIOS to version F8. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what I have discovered. I reinstalled the F7 BIOS. I can now boot into OSX with the iBoot CD. If I try to boot without the iBoot CD then I still get the <panic> message. I then replaced the F8 aml with the F7 aml and now I can boot to OSX without the iBoot CD although my monitor is back to allowing me to select only one resolution. My conclusion is that there is an issue with the F8 BIOS and the F8 aml in the GA-P55M-UD4 motherboard causing the <panic> message. When I get a message like that is that actually the kernal panic message I see other forum users talk about?

I have totally reinstalled OSX and had a working copy until I used the DSDT.aml file for the F8 BIOS. I have the F8 BIOS installed but when I use the DSDT.aml for F8 I get the <panic> message. Anyone have an idea why <panic> message is occurring?

MTGhost said:
I have totally reinstalled OSX and had a working copy until I used the DSDT.aml file for the F8 BIOS. I have the F8 BIOS installed but when I use the DSDT.aml for F8 I get the <panic> message. Anyone have an idea why <panic> message is occurring?

I'll have a look at it- wonder what the issue is? Just use the F7 one for now if it works better If you could post a pic of the panic message I could probably try and diagnose further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back