Hi guys,
This way is very simple, just follow this steps:
1. Install GRUB 2 on MBR.
2. Add this entry to GRUB config file :
rootnoverify (hd0,1)
insmod hfsplus
chainloader /boot0

** Note : hd0,1 is your HFS+ OS X ML Partition **

2. Boot installed OS X Mountain Lion by USB Chimera Bootloader.
3. Install Chimera Bootloader from MultiBeast or Stanalone Chimera Bootloader installation that find in tonymacx86 download page : http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php
4. Download boot0.zip , extract it and copy it to root directory of OS X ML partition.

** Note : boot0 is chameleon bootloader stage 0 with chainload support **

5. Copy extra folder from USB Chimera bootloader root to OS X ML partition.
6. Enjoy it !

By : Mehrdad Farrokhmanesh

Attachments

• boot0.zip
    541 bytes · Views: 2,577
on my laptop the first partition is windows recovery, when i use this script it's always boot to windows recovery.
the EFI partition at another partition.
how to build boot0 to tell it's not in first partition?

first i install mac on other hd, then i clone it to another hd with have already windows and windows system recover.
and my mountain lion work normaly when i boot via usb then select mac partition that i had clone.
But not work via bootloader (i had try easy bcd, grub auto detect)

thaks, sorry for my english

It is nice it has worked for you, but would be nice to see the whole walk through rather than short post "how great to boot from Grub". What part of grub you edit? Why step 4 and 5 are the same? What is OSX ML Partition? (could be Mountain Lion but there 2 by default) etc.

I have 3 drives and 0 is OSX, 1 is Win7 (ssd) and 2 is Ubuntu 12.10 (ssd), so far none of the tutorials worked for me. So.., I open for suggestions that will get the solution?

Thanks in advance.

I was just wondering if anyone is putting any time into using a standardized boot loader like grub or even moving over to the pureDarwin's project boot loader. I would like to see some of the key people who are working on the graphics drivers and some of the other drivers finish what modern OS's do these days and let the kernel know what hardware is being used and pass this information to the kernel instead of having 20 flags that we need to set oureselves... I'm more than up for providing some coding time...

A good step would to provide screenshots, and finish the above "how to" step by step.. There is missing steps. I will attempt this tonight and see if I can complete this for everyone tonight / tomorrow.

-l

hey, can i use this method somehow when using "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot param? thanks;)

@mchsk: Yes you should be able to.

Thanks @cityofliberty. I am booting OSX from Grub2 too. Take a look at this blog post for another good guide on how to do this.

This is awesome that you posted this, cityofliberty. I just installed Sabayon Linux via UEFI booting. Is there a way to get OS X (Mavericks in particular) booting from Grub2 if Grub is installed via UEFI? I ask because that's the only way I could get Sabayon installed properly, as I cannot figure out for the life of me how to enable legacy boot on my mobo.

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back