Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Has anyone given the 10th gen ASUS VIVOMINI PC's a try. I am looking at the ASUS VIVOMINI VC66-C2 model with the intel core i3-10100 desktop cpu. That cpu has the intel UHD graphics 630 so I will be using that. I like that is has the desktop CPU and not the mobile version. However I am having trouble finding any information on the motherboard and chipset used on this model. Also cannot find any info on the LAN model or Wifi and bluetooth used in this mini PC. It also has HDMI, Display Port and Mini Display Port on the rear. I would hope to get all three of those working as well.

I have searched the forum and seen some members have built systems on some of the older 7th gen ASUS VIVOMINI's. Also saw the older ASUS mini PC builds as well. Did not see any builds on the 10th gen ASUS mini PC though.

I am currently an expat living in Asia so it can be hard to find things that are known to be compatible. I loved UtterDisbelief's 21st - NUC 10 build he shared and even ordered the exact same model to do that build. Unfortunately, the company shipped a NUC 11 model as they were out of NUC 10's. Yes, I had to return that NUC 11 mini PC.

Any info would be helpful on this model. Thanks in advance.

ASUS Vivomini VC66-C2 Front.jpgASUS Vivomini VC66-C2 Rear.jpg

This Driver Support page gives you some information on the various devices used in the Mini PC, plus links to other docs etc.

The components according to the drivers available for each device are as follows:
  1. Ethernet - Intel 1GB LAN
  2. Audio - Realtek ALC897 Codec
  3. WiFi - MediaTek (not supported)
  4. Bluetooth - Intel_9461_9462_9560_AX200_AX201_AX210 Bluetooth (one of these)
  5. Card Reader - Realtek USB2

This Driver Support page gives you some information on the various devices used in the Mini PC, plus links to other docs etc.

The components according to the drivers available for each device are as follows:
  1. Ethernet - Intel 1GB LAN
  2. Audio - Realtek ALC897 Codec
  3. WiFi - MediaTek (not supported)
  4. Bluetooth - Intel_9461_9462_9560_AX200_AX201_AX210 Bluetooth (one of these)
  5. Card Reader - Realtek USB2

Thanks Edhawk for your reply. I appreciate the additional information you provided as I could not find it and/or did not know where to look. I read the manual and the wifi card can be changed out so that should work okay. The card reader is not needed. If the information I gathered is correct, the Mainboard uses the B460 chipset. So that should be compatible to use.

I might have to give this build a go.

Back