Asus P6x58D-E success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
betojf said:
zzhiweii said:
How I got my GTX 470 to work in 10.6.8

1. Boot to Iboot 3.1.1 to install Snow Leopard
2. Use "PCIRootUID=1 -x" to get to installation screen
3. Install 10.6.8 Combo update (Do not reboot yet)
4. Install Multi Beast 3.8 with "Chameleon RC5" Checked
5. Install "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update 2.1"
1010110101/tonymacx86-NVIDIA-Update-2.1.0.zip
6. Reboot
7. Install CUDA 4.0.19 driver for MAC
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud ... river.html
8. Reboot
9. Install Quadro Mac OS X Driver Release 256.02.25
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html
10. Reboot

Finally got my Graphics Acceleration and CUDA working after days of experimentation!!
I am also able to run in max resolution 1080p (1920x1080)
Hope it helps
Cheers :)

Specs: Intel Core I7 2.8ghz | ASUS
P6X58-E | 3GB DDR3 | Palit GTX 470
2 x 500 GB SATA

System.jpg

Display.jpg

CUDACore.jpg

CUDAPerformance.jpg

I have this motherboard and a GTX465. I followed this and it worked. The only thing that is stopping me from having a 100% stable rig is my logitech unifying usb receiver, when booting up it stops and it hangs. It works fine when plugged after bootup, but does anyone have this issue?

HI betojf,

Thanks for the info.

I looked on the nvidia web site for mac driver for my GeForce 9800 GT card but they don't exist, I looked at the drivers you used and my card does not come up in the supported products list either, if I use the drivers you are using could it stop my machine from booting up?

Edit: Also does anyone know how I can get the system info from my mac so I can post it on this forum, so someone in the know can see why my mac is running so slow, I am not sure but I think it could be something to do with the processor not running at full speed or it is something to do with the graphics card not using the 1GB memory on board of the card.

:banghead: I can use some help with my build. i have tried PCIRootUID=1 -x and keep getting a kernel panic error. have bios updated to 0701. have power mode set to S3 ..and 4 gb ram installed..and I also have all unneeded drives and USB devises unpluged..any hlep would be Appreciated :banghead:

JMEymard said:
:banghead: I can use some help with my build. i have tried PCIRootUID=1 -x and keep getting a kernel panic error. have bios updated to 0701. have power mode set to S3 ..and 4 gb ram installed..and I also have all unneeded drives and USB devises unpluged..any hlep would be Appreciated :banghead:

what os are you installing?
what video card are you running?

How far did you get with the install?
Were you able to install, update, etc... ?

jin410 said:
JMEymard said:

what os are you installing?
what video card are you running?

How far did you get with the install?
Were you able to install, update, etc... ?

installing OS 10.6.3. starts loading the instalation screen and then freezes. i have the MSI GTS 450 OC.

Found problem did not like my wireless keyboard...Thank You

Can anyone confirm this motherboard working with lion? My local computer store stocks only this model for the 1366 socket, and its the 1366 model i need. but i can find a dsdt on insanelymac website, but not sure about it.

Bump -

I'd like to know the specs with Lion as well, any users confirming the ASUS P6X58D-E board?

Thanks in advance.

Hello people, I have this board, can install and startup Lion, but I can't get my network going, it doesn't even show in the network preferences, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back